Recommendations Mediocre fmc

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
you know those annoying stories where it's "oh I'm just an ordinary forgettable dude but 10 hot girls are pursuing me for some reason"
well.
I'm jealous.
if y'all could recommend some (yuri/GL) stories where the female MC is just Some Gal I'd appreciate it
(rise of the mediocre girls!)

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
you know those annoying stories where it's "oh I'm just an ordinary forgettable dude but 10 hot girls are pursuing me for some reason"
well.
I'm jealous.
if y'all could recommend some (yuri/GL) stories where the female MC is just Some Gal I'd appreciate it
Try chinese shoujo ai.

sanitylimited

most the ones i know chose futa over girl.

their is the goddess of ice one, though its a naruto smutfic

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
well.
I'm jealous.

well.
I'm jealous.

Isekai check
GL check
Mediocre hmmm..... If you count a binge reader mediocre check. Not sure about last one.

Well, there are lots of animes with mediocre FMC isekai.

Succubiome

Are you just looking for writing, or are anime/manga okay too?

I assume you're looking for something fairly lighthearted in tone?

Is the harem part important?

TotallyHuman

there is a light novel called something there is no way I can actually have a girlfriend or is there? It has a manga too. It's about a girl, whachamacallit, Renako? And she's kind of socially awkward and pretends to not be and somehow gets the most beautiful girls in class to like her or something?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
Are you just looking for writing, or are anime/manga okay too?

I assume you're looking for something fairly lighthearted in tone?

Is the harem part important?
I usually prefer writing, normally I don't have the patience for watching stuff (I read like, super fast) but I'll put any watch recs on a list for days when my brain cooperates
I would prefer lighthearted stuff in general and though appreciated harem stuff isn't necessary

Succubiome

I usually prefer writing, normally I don't have the patience for watching stuff (I read like, super fast) but I'll put any watch recs on a list for days when my brain cooperates

I would prefer lighthearted stuff in general and though appreciated harem stuff isn't necessary
Offhand:

Anime
Yuyushiki
Cute girls doing cute things and being silly, but is perhaps best described as lesbian polycule slice of life focused around a girl who isn't really special or anything.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru

A bit less lighthearted, but just romantic drama that never gets too dark. Really really good, though. The love interest is attracted to the protagonist because they think they're ace, but there's nothing particularly special about them, whereas the love interest is super special in high school terms, because she wants to be the very best like no one ever was for Reasons, and mostly succeeds at this.

Adachi and Shimamura

Two girls skip classes inside school and one develops really strong feelings for the other, while the second has ambivalent feelings she's still figuring out about the first. I'm not sure which one is the protagonist, but both of them are pretty average. There's bits of angst, but it's "does this girl like me" and "will we grow apart" and "I can't possibly be into her romantically, right?" sort of angst.

Steel Angel Kurumi 2
Very 90s lesbian love triangle anime except their protagonist target is more focused on a guy who isn't into her? Also lots of robot girl fights.

Manga

Morning Glory and Kase-San (and sequel)
Two girls building up a romance. Nothing really important happens besides this, but in a good way. The protagonist likes gardening, and is a cute optimist, but isn't really special other than that.