Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Alive

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Different World

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Aez_Nairo

Demi-Human Of The Gray World
A long time ago, I crossed upon a site of some kind that talks about mental image or level of imagination?
In it had an image that showed a box(I think) and its left side was a level 1(weak)-10(strong).
Can't find it but I'm curious to know how your mind works.

Imagine anything or this floating box in front of you, tell me can you see it mentally?
If its invisible-vague then its 1-4, 5 is capable not strong nor weak, 6-10 is where that image is alive.

I'm aware many factors will effect this such as mood, location, imagination, detail, etcs.
Do your best to find the average, a natural thing of yours.

Mine is at an average of 7, it means I daydream a lot but it will become a different world the moment I feel sleepy.
Don't forget to tell me what level you are, if comfortable.
Mental.png

Last edited:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
I can imagine the apple in full color, 3D, rotate it around, cut it, I can imagine the texture, the smell, the taste, the feel of holding it
where does that put me in the scale?

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
A long time ago, I crossed upon a site of some kind that talks about mental image or level of imagination?
In it had an image that showed a box(I think) and its left side was a level 1(weak)-10(strong).
Can't find it but I'm curious to know how your mind works.

Imagine anything or this floating box in front of you, tell me can you see it mentally?
If its invisible-vague then its 1-4, 5 is capable not strong nor weak, 6-10 is where that image is alive.

I'm aware many factors will effect this such as mood, location, imagination, detail, etcs.
Do your best to find the average, a natural thing of yours.

Mine is at an average of 7, it means I daydream a lot but it will become a different world the moment I feel sleepy.
Don't forget to tell me what level you are, if comfortable.
4 I have it clearly for a flash, and can sort of feel/see an outline of it with occasional flashes of clarity.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
The fun part is that I never understood how the mental image is supposed to look, is there even an actual image to look at?
I can imagine the apple in full color, 3D, rotate it around, cut it, I can imagine the texture, the smell, the taste, the feel of holding it
where does that put me in the scale?
10?

Yule

Snowdrop
The box has black tape over it that says "Amazon Prime." Imaginative, delusional, I'll take either or.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
The fun part is that I never understood how the mental image is supposed to look, is there even an actual image to look at?

10?
I think a lot of people don't actually have aphantasia but actually just don't understand what "seeing a mental image" is.
it's not their fault, it's difficult to explain, the simplest explanation is that we're "seeing" things, but not really

I would say that is almost like another vision + a layer in Photoshop
I can imagine things in another world but also overlap things in the real world (like a layer in Photoshop), but it's not like I'm really REALLY seeing them, I'm just imagining.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
I think a lot of people don't actually have aphantasia but actually just don't understand what "seeing a mental image" is.
it's not their fault, it's difficult to explain, the simplest explanation is that we're "seeing" things, but not really

I would say that is almost like another vision + a layer in Photoshop
I can imagine things in another world but also overlap things in the real world (like a layer in Photoshop), but it's not like I'm really REALLY seeing them, I'm just imagining.
So you see actually images? Then I think I have Aphantasia because I did too many things people with Aphantasia do to remember?

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
:blob_hide: It's easier for me to build wire frames for specific objects in my mind then fill in detail but I have to actively keep those details at the front of my mind otherwise I lose them.

I don't actually see anything but at the same time it's an "image". Kinda hard to explain but it's like I can imagine something but there's no image. It's like there's supposed to be an image but not, yet you know what that image is. Or, to put it in another way, the information is there, it's just not rendered.