Mind reviewing my novel?

smj

Alright, nothing else to do so let's try your novel :blob_popcorn:
Do you see why Moonpearl thought it was yuri? :blobrofl: Because with this king of title I thought the same

Megamink

I'll check it out. Reviewing and proofreading is basically my job here.

Megamink

Yo!

I've written a new novel called "When the Lilyflower Blooms..." and I need some user feedback! The first book is out and hope to receive some reviews or maybe comments, just telling me how the book feels before I start writing on the next one! Any and all feedback is welcome!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/40129/when-the-lilyflower-blooms/
I just read the prologue and it is as sketchy as heck. I can't wrap my head around it. It just feels super vague.
Edit: Scratch what I said before I think I understand it now.

hueyhare

Just read through the prologue. It's intriguing! Makes me wonder what's in the first chapter. I'll try reading that later. As for now, I found a few issues with your prologue that I wanted to point out.

...not occur to the Lilyflower that the area it was in was inhabitable.

I think the above sentence should end in "uninhabitable". It seems like creatures are wandering away because they can't live there, but "inhabitable" implies that they can.

There was an age where nothing but ice existed. There was then an age where lush forests and towering dinosaurs roamed the land. There was an age where molten lava crushed any life that begins. There was an age where nothing but life exists. Millions became billions, as time continued to flow.

You change which tense you are using in the above section. "There was...existed." is past tense, while "crushed anything that begins" starts out past tense and then jumps to present tense. To fix the tense issues, I would rewrite the section like this:

There was an age where nothing but ice existed. There was then an age where lush forests and towering dinosaurs roamed the land. There was an age where molten lava crushed any life that began. There was an age where nothing but life existed. Millions became billions, as time continued to flow.

Also, in the previous quote, I'm not sure what the sentence 'There was an age where nothing but life exists' means. Did you mean to say something like this? 'There was an age where no life existed.'

I hope that helps. I'll try and read chapter one later.