Recommendations Misunderstood Tsundere

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
"Miss Cannon Fodder Wants To Escape Death Flags"
From little of what I've read, the MC was misunderstood as tsundere. It was hilarious, sadly, you need to mtl to read the rest.

...so I want a recommendation with either a tsundere protagonist (misunderstood as one or not) or a misunderstood protagonist's character (I mean, not their power that got misunderstood)

Thank you in advance!

P.s. is there even a novel with Tsundere protagonist?!

ACertainPassingUser

Tsundere trope is already out of date these days. It's already showing it's age if we compared it with recent trend of personality types.

Not many author can pull Tsundere as good as Asuka of Evangelion, where she has deep personality flaw and mental problems due to her history and situation.

And it can be a huge problem if such funny but flawed personality applied to MC, who is the self-insert of the audience.

The critics will go wild because stupid MC that audience can't relate (or can't feel good about since they're reminded of their own fault they tried to escape by read/watching the story)

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
And it can be a huge problem if such funny but flawed personality applied to MC, who is the self-insert of the audience.

The critics will go wild because stupid MC that audience can't relate (or can't feel good about since they're reminded of their own fault they tried to escape by read/watching the story)
So there's no novel with tsundere protagonist?

😞 It would be funny to read tho

ACertainPassingUser

So there's no novel with tsundere protagonist?

😞 It would be funny to read tho
Misunderstood powerful protagonist is the only close stuff to "misunderstanding" I can think of, that is actually acceptable by the audiences.

But wait.

There's one anime i remember about male tsundere protagonist. I only watch the funny moments tho :

Kind a funny, but it were being implemented by making the creepy tsundere male as 2nd protagonist and putting the jokes properly.

If any normal western English author rewrite it and post it in Scribble Hub/Royalroad/Space battle/any English sites, the MC will be branded and labeled as "Creepy worse MC that is Obsessed and stupid and red flag stuff" while branded not showing consent or stuff.

Just search "akkun" on YouTube and you found bunch of those.

Or better yet, just search for "tsundere protagonist" on YouTube Or Google

IanWhite2105

From little of what I've read, the MC was misunderstood as tsundere. It was hilarious, sadly, you need to mtl to read the rest.

...so I want a recommendation with either a tsundere protagonist (misunderstood as one or not) or a misunderstood protagonist's character (I mean, not their power that got misunderstood)

Thank you in advance!

I am trying to recall this one manga where the Female Lead is a middle school “gangster”
The “gangs” in Japan make me laugh when I remember schools in the states. I’ve seen people shot, drugs being taken, and boot party’s yet Japs think smoking cigarettes and getting into fights is “gangster”
and the Male Lead was a lackey(?) of his previous school’s “gang”. It ends up with the FL being madly in love but extremely shy and the ML sees her as making him a servant and threatening to remove limbs.

I don’t read/watch anime so the name is escaping me.

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake

Thank you in advance!

Someone mentioned Asuka of Evangelion, and I totally agree. The reason for her tsundere was her inner vulnerabilities and impulsive attitude toward her crewmates which eventually led to her downfall. We see even more of that through her inner thoughts and motives for becoming a pilot in the first place.

Another good example is one of my favorite, if not the most favorite, anime Toradora for which the example is Taiga Aisaka. The reason for her tsundere is a terrible relationship with her deceiving father and her mother's passing, which doesn't allow her to open up to new relationships. However, due to the growing group of friends and the sense of warmth between them, she eventually opens up.

Another post also explained that it's tough to get this type of writing quality or character development in a novel since many writers develop their characters based on the ones they already know (and most of these are hardcore-badass omnipotent system wielders or delicate porcelain-skinned young beautiful girls) which doesn't allow for any development since they're already at their peak, physically and emotionally wise. Which is another tip for writers that you should expand your knowledge of personality types through people, or assign a personality type for your character for your greater understanding, to be able to get that type of excellent storytelling.

If you're looking for tsundere in literature or novels, I'd say your best bet is to look for recommendations of characters with strong resolve and/or good character development throughout the series.