Monster protagonist you wanna see more of

What kind of nonhuman protagonist would you wanna see more of?

• ogre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • orc

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • werewolf/ weresomething

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • lamia/snake-person/sneeple

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • troll (have you ever looked up Scandinavian trolls?)

• chimeric abomination

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • elf (but not just some guy with pointy ears)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • mermaid (but not just some guy with flippers)

• Total voters

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I really enjoy stories from the perspective of a monster/nonhuman protagonist (or those reincarnated/ summoned/ whatevered) into them but I feel like a lot of monsters are a little same-y, which is rather odd.

What monster types do you want to see more of for POV characters?
Just a short list as examples, I didn't include undead because there's a pretty decent chunk but if you really wanna tell me about one you think would be neat then go for it. follow ur dreams.

D

Deleted member 54065

More than POV characters, I want to see 'good' and 'civilized' goblin, orc, vampire, werewolf, incubi/succubi and undead characters. Like, goblins in Napoleonic style military uniforms, orcs in 18th Century European gowns and coats, or zombies that is doing medevac operations.

So, I wrote them in my story like the way I wanted them to appear.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
As a chaotic being I must declare, Chimera are always nice.

Silver_Sky

I would like to see something other than spider or slime, as that's kinda all I see now mostly.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I don’t see enough hentai slimes. Only one on SH but it hasn’t been updated. Shapeshifting lewd slime.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I really enjoy stories from the perspective of a monster/nonhuman protagonist (or those reincarnated/ summoned/ whatevered) into them but I feel like a lot of monsters are a little same-y, which is rather odd.

What monster types do you want to see more of for POV characters?
Just a short list as examples, I didn't include undead because there's a pretty decent chunk but if you really wanna tell me about one you think would be neat then go for it. follow ur dreams.
Serbian

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
As the resident scalie my choice is obvious.

Can someone enlighten me on what Aquaman even does? Because I see the mermaid option and just think about vast empty expanses of ocean with sprinkled in plot elements. A'la mmo levels of world interaction.

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
I love stories in the perspective of eldritch beings, chimeras, and other such abominations, but for some reason they're almost always just harems/smut. I guess spooky tentacles = horny for some people. I find the threads and tentacles these monsters often use to be cool weapons, yet most people pass on them (threads less so than tentacles). I yearn for the day that people finally offer these abominations the fear factor and coolness they deserve!

expentio

Slimes? They allow for some interesting shenanigans if done right. Demons might be nice but that's quite the range. Elementals are underrepresented. A darkness elemental could be cool but my favorite is water? I personally ignore all the brute, bulky kinds of monsters, don't like to imagine them aesthetically.
For me what sells it is a female monster (and please no gender bender) that has issues with their form. In a case of transformation they should be totally freaking out, be aware of what happened to them, and still behave like humans. Though, I ave a fable for disparity. Monsters doing monster things feels common. A monster that freaks someone out by trying to be nice is something else.

LilRora

Mostly formless
For me it can be just about anything as long as it's a monster, it's cute, and it's not a harem. I like succubi in just about any form as long as they aren't stupid and can think about more than one thing, I like monsters in more traditional sense, but my personal favorite (at least right now) I definitely lack is a monster or a human-turned-monster trying to live with humans, preferably intimately with a girl who is the best thing that happened to her in her whole life.

Eldrith horrors are also nice, though I'm tired of stories that portray them as beings straight out of hentai.

Oh, and another thing are books like Falling Over, Felice Hybrid, The Oscillation or something like that, but with the protagonist turned into a monster, not demi-human or however you call them. Sadly I haven't really found anything close to that.