Monster protagonist you wanna see more of

What kind of nonhuman protagonist would you wanna see more of?

• ogre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • orc

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • werewolf/ weresomething

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • lamia/snake-person/sneeple

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • troll (have you ever looked up Scandinavian trolls?)

• chimeric abomination

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • elf (but not just some guy with pointy ears)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • mermaid (but not just some guy with flippers)

• Total voters

ARedFox

Not dungeon cores. I feel like I’ve seen so many and the all feel effectively the same.

I’m not a smut fan. I’ll leave it at that. Same with harem.

And I’m not a fan of monster evolution where the author decides that the main character needs a humanoid form and adds a path for one that the character of course takes. And such a path is never given any downsides. Never liked that communication abilities got an instant improvement as well. I like struggle.

Some bird creature perhaps? Could be a monster bird that has only the most basic similarities to the birds we know. Could be a normal looking bird that’s got some crazy magic. Whatever. One of the only ones I can think of currently at 3 in the morning is Cheep.

D

Deleted member 57675

Seahorse demon.
East usige.
Sharkcroc.
Demons from beliefs/cultures that less popularly known/used in stories nowadays.
Bearshark.

Last edited by a moderator:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Werepeeps, but not the demi-human kind. The ones that totally look normal and can't really control when and where they transform and go full rambo during it.
Imagine a person turning Spamalot rabbit in a city, now that would be fun.

There's also a general lack of bears in any kind of fantasy.

Silver_Sky

As the resident scalie my choice is obvious.

Can someone enlighten me on what Aquaman even does? Because I see the mermaid option and just think about vast empty expanses of ocean with sprinkled in plot elements. A'la mmo levels of world interaction.
I think his power is primarily water breathing, 3d movent in water while not being affected by water resistance or pressure, super strength ( not sure if it's just in water or outside as well), and mind control? over marine life forms.
I'm not a big fan so some may be wrong or missing.