Recommendations Monster Taming Stories

Excadrill420

Hello, I'm looking for monster taming stories, because I very like pokemon.

Now I want to try other than pokemon fanfics, any recommendations?( not limited to only scribblehub)

You know, stories like catch them all, and summon. Yeah, something like that.

melchi

What is a custom title?
There is monster tamer published by jnovel club but it is really dark. A whole high school gets isekai'd to another world only they spawn in a really dangerous area.

Excadrill420

There is monster tamer published by jnovel club but it is really dark. A whole high school gets isekai'd to another world only they spawn in a really dangerous area.
ok thanks, I'll give it a try

LilRora

Mostly formless
You can try Pokémon Mercury if you're in for severe trauma and, uh, a lot of other things. You'll know when you read the synopsis. It's on Archive of Our Own, don't have link at the moment.

RynnTheTired

Pathological Sleepyhead
One of my stories, The Consequences of Meeting a Dragon, is kind of in that category. It's not exactly monster taming, but it has a similar vibe, since there are lots of magic creatures in it. (It's more like making friends with monsters via snacks and ear-scratches....) Enough so that one of my reviewers on Royal Road said they thought it was a Pokemon knock-off story at first.

Excadrill420

Borne of Caution by fuggman
It's on here and RR, FF, SBF, and a mirror on AO3.
yuup I found it, thanks, I will give it a read
You can try Pokémon Mercury if you're in for severe trauma and, uh, a lot of other things. You'll know when you read the synopsis. It's on Archive of Our Own, don't have link at the moment.
trauma eh... right I will try to find it
One of my stories, The Consequences of Meeting a Dragon, is kind of in that category. It's not exactly monster taming, but it has a similar vibe, since there are lots of magic creatures in it. (It's more like making friends with monsters via snacks and ear-scratches....) Enough so that one of my reviewers on Royal Road said they thought it was a Pokemon knock-off story at first.
woo interesting