Most confusing/weird grammatically accurate sentences you've come across.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I looked this up on google and the first sentence I saw was:

All the faith he had had had had no effect on the outcome of his life.

I hate this one because my brain keeps making me think there are 3 hads when in reality there are four. I can't even tell if its grammatically accurate because my brain won't register it properly. Grammarly says it's correct, so maybe, but Grammarly is freaking dumb at times.

Choobs

So if you break it down: all the faith he had(past tense) had(possessive) had(past tense) had(past tense) no effect on the outcome of his life
While grammatically correct would be better phrased as: all the faith he used to have, had no effect on the outcome of his life.
But I’m not a writer or an English expert so don't quote me on this

Yorth

Swordman

I hate this one because my brain keeps making me think there are 3 hads when in reality there are four. I can't even tell if its grammatically accurate because my brain won't register it properly. Grammarly says it's correct, so maybe, but Grammarly is freaking dumb at times.
My brain tells me it should be 3 hads too. If I'm reading this correctly, it's two past perfects of have "had had". My understanding of past perfect is that it is the past before the past tense, so it only makes sense to use it when denoting something that happened even before the thing that you used simple past tense for.

aaaaaa
Idk

Bobple

I read that as three hads, but realised there was four when you mentioned it. My eyes now hurt.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Screenshot 2023-03-04 09.05.25.png

Sebas_Guzman

Wow, I thought it was three hads too. I could only make sense of it by reading it as follows.
All the faith he had held had had no effect on the outcome of his life. Since held is close enough in meaning to had, you can swap in the "had" to see that it is grammatically correct.
Wow, what an annoying challenge XD