Munitions Mistress - Book One

MarisolMM

Hi everybody. I have just posted up the last few chapters to Complete Book One of my multi book story about the Munitions Mistress. Please give it a look at your convenience and let me know what you think. Feedback is not only welcome but appreciated because you know, growth :)

Munitions Mistress - Book One - Hatred

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Hi everybody. I have just posted up the last few chapters to Complete Book One of my multi book story about the Munitions Mistress. Please give it a look at your convenience and let me know what you think. Feedback is not only welcome but appreciated because you know, growth :)

Munitions Mistress - Book One - Hatred
Ever heard what the greatest weapon of a marine is? :blob_cookie:

Their camera.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
New way of saying show don't tell?
Old way of saying that their reputation always exceeded their actual record. The Marines are very funny in that regard. Good media department.
Was one of the reasons they weren't sent to ETO, as the Army didn't particularly like them and thought of them just as glory seeking, bragging drunkards more concerned with image polishing and myth making than fighting.

If they would have been sent to Europe, they would later claim they won the war single-handedly on their own. So they were exiled to the Pacific. Nobody wanted a repetition of WWI.

Last edited:

MarisolMM

Marines are a different fighting unit than the Army, its like comparing Oranges to Apples. Marines are for all intents and purposes light infantry, the Army's near equivalent is the Mountain units or Airborne but they too have gotten bloated; their logistics train slows them down. Marines are not meant to win the war, they aren't outfitted that way they are designed to secure the field/beach/area so that the Army can be brought in by the Air Force to do the long haul fighting.

Anyway I made Draydon a Marine because of the respect I had for them when I was in the Navy. I served with them, supported them offshore on the gator freighters and in the field with comms.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Marines have been fighting in the middle of a desert for the last 30 years. That’s like the complete opposite of what they’re supposed to do. If you go back to wwii, korea and Vietnam, that‘s when they did all almost all of the legendary shit, fighting on islands, beaches, rivers and swamps. wtf a Marine supposed to do in the middle of a desert.

MarisolMM

Marine Corps doesn't mean only where there's water. WW I was all on the ground, no water. It is their element but they go where they are needed.

Of course my character in the book is very little about the Marine side (character back story and aspects of motivation) and a lot about superhumans and super powers and redemption. But I do appreciate the commentary.