My theme keeps going back to default.

Jemini

I am set to dark theme for both the forum and the main site. However, every so often, my theme for the main site will go back to default.

There is no consistency to how long it takes or however many times I revisit the site that it goes back to the default theme. I'm guessing this is likely to be some sort of bug where it doesn't remember my settings or something. I don't know if this has been reported before. Probably has with something this noticeable. Or, maybe not if it's just me and a small handful of others, which would make it a somewhat bigger bug.

Well, whatever. That's my issue here. Would be great if it could be fixed.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Is it related to a log in expiring? Sometimes it is just having to log back in to fix the things.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I am set to dark theme for both the forum and the main site. However, every so often, my theme for the main site will go back to default.

There is no consistency to how long it takes or however many times I revisit the site that it goes back to the default theme. I'm guessing this is likely to be some sort of bug where it doesn't remember my settings or something. I don't know if this has been reported before. Probably has with something this noticeable. Or, maybe not if it's just me and a small handful of others, which would make it a somewhat bigger bug.

what browser

Jemini

Is it related to a log in expiring? Sometimes it is just having to log back in to fix the things.

I am not logged out. I am set to have my account remembered every time I log in, and I am still logged in every time I get on the site. However, sometimes the theme is just back to the normal theme.

what browser

Brave. If you don't know that one, it's a Chrome-based browser that essentially has a built-in and rather effective add-block function.

Tony

Staff member

It sounds like a cookie issue. It doesn't sound like it's an issue on our side though as no one else has reported this and I can't recreate this problem.

Please make sure your browser accepts cookies.

prognastat

It will also happen if you use the website in private/incognito mode.

Jemini

It sounds like a cookie issue. It doesn't sound like it's an issue on our side though as no one else has reported this and I can't recreate this problem.

Please make sure your browser accepts cookies.

Hmm... well, that's weird. I haven't had the issue since the time at which I reported it, so that indicates my browser accepts cookies. Also, I have not cleared my cookies in several months, but the issue has shown up sporadically during that time. It wouldn't make sense for the cookie to be applied but then later just be kicked out randomly without intervention.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I just checked, and that cookie appears to have a very long lifetime before expiring (at least 1 year).
Which kills the one other think I could think of: having the cookie expire and fail to update correctly afterward.