Need advice about the platform

Dredd_Sama

Hey, i m a new author publishing my first novel on webnovel ... but i am starting to doubt that i have chosen the right platform. Since the trending topic on that site at the moment seems to be adult stuff with boobs in rhe cover. My story is not about that stuff ... also my novel name doesn't reveal the whole premise of the story which seems to be another reason why people don't click on it ... i have reached these conclusions after getting feedbacks from forums on other sites.
I m not saying that my work deserves recognition ( which it does in my opinion) and is something out of this world ...its not... i just feel i chose the wrong place to publish it.
So i wanted to know from a veteran reader or writer whether my novel would suit this website more... or any other site for that matter.
I don't have much knowledge about this since I don't use this site much. The theme here also seems to be mostly adult stuff and girls love or gender bender. Mine definitely does not tick any of these... plz check it out for me.
Beyond the Rift.
I am also not sure about the patreon system ... actually i m bad at marketing myself which is why i went with webnovel in the first place.
I still really wanr to write. I think j have an amazing story to tell

Last edited:

LilRora

Mostly formless
Based on a quick skim of your story, the best place for it would probably be RoyalRoad. You can publish wherever you want though, it's not like Scribble or Webnovel are wrong places, just a bit worse because of the audience that prefers certain themes and topics. In general though, Scribble is still far better than Webnovel, at least in my opinion. Its focus might be on girl's love and gender bender, but those are not the sole two succeeding genres, and many people will tell you that Webnovel contracts are not worth it. Lookie for example here if you'd like more information about Webnovel.

As for Patreon, that's an option mostly if you want to earn money, since people won't really give donations or something if you post for free. You can look through for example here for more information about Patreon, or just type Patreon in the search bar and tick the box to search only titles. There's quite a few threads about this already.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
@Dredd_Sama From all the sites, I think SH has the best tools, UI, and a working system set up for discoverability. I tried all the sites people will suggest to you. Going by the simple fact of good searching, filtering options, and sheer discoverability, I am not active anywhere else.

If you want to publish here, check this for some tips and tricks:

Dredd_Sama

Based on a quick skim of your story, the best place for it would probably be RoyalRoad. You can publish wherever you want though, it's not like Scribble or Webnovel are wrong places, just a bit worse because of the audience that prefers certain themes and topics. In general though, Scribble is still far better than Webnovel, at least in my opinion. Its focus might be on girl's love and gender bender, but those are not the sole two succeeding genres, and many people will tell you that Webnovel contracts are not worth it. Lookie for example here if you'd like more information about Webnovel.

As for Patreon, that's an option mostly if you want to earn money, since people won't really give donations or something if you post for free. You can look through for example here for more information about Patreon, or just type Patreon in the search bar and tick the box to search only titles. There's quite a few threads about this already
You know what they say hehe .. if you are good at something... Don't do it for free.

I would love to reply with that but i know i am not that good yet... which is why i was worried about the patreon system since it is completely reliant on self promotion and the quality of novel being so good that people would want to check put the chapters ahead of the curve....
Anyways .. i will check out those posts you mentioned .. thanks a lot