Need tips writing fantasy fight scenes.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
I'll be doing 2 fantasies novel and is trying to write the fight scene. I did one just yesterday on my new chapter but reading it back, it doesn't seem... powerful and impactful as I imagined it was. I'm thinking it has something to do with the way I present my words. Can you guys read the following part and let me know anything I can improve on? Fights are essential for my story in the near future so I must practice it from now.
Oh by the way don't worry about fantasy logic, my MC's just too OP.

The horrifically beautiful wind is blowing through our hair and skin as the sun is shining on top. We're at an open grass field with the four on them has formed a square/circle around me, closest being the melee leader just about 15 steps away. So I got quite amount of distance to play with.

"Let me get this straight: In one minute, you will try and defend against all of our attacks at once, if we can't manage to hit you or make you surrender, we have to let you get your place as a luggage carrier?" The male mage says.

"Yup."

"Too much effort for a boring one-time job" The elf archer, already stretched her bow says with her head shaking. "And we're using real lethal weapon, you sure about this?"

"You guys can't hit me anyways, worry about yourself first."

"Oooooh, ballsy dude, count it down Mei." The leader said, his weapon of choice is a long sword, with his full-body armor (no helmet), he kinda remind me of King Arthur and the Excalibur.

Mei, which is the female mage's name, started counting down, while also preparing herself to hurt me.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Go!"

*Woooot*

An arrow flew towards, aiming straight to my chest. Which I dodge with ease, using some cheat, including [Ultra Instinct] and [Point Blank Reflexes] to get myself an easier chance to win here.

Hey don't call me out for cheating, this is my power after all. I just use a bit of it.

"I see you're no normal Spell Caster if you can dodge that arrow, let's have fun." The elf who shot the arrow praises me a bit with a deadly look.

"Elemental Spell: Fire Whip!" Mei

"Rock Shots." Male mage.

From Mei's hand, a long rope made completely with red flame came charging at me, while underneath that male mage's ground, pieces of small rocks and cobble mix with dirt flew upwards next to him, he then gesture them to shoot at me pieces by pieces at great speed, not as fast as the other arrow but enough to keep me worry. I try backing up from both of them but forgot about the leader, who immediately swings in to try and catch me with his sword.

15 seconds have pass, 45 remaining

Okay, okay, let's read the situation here.

Close range: Sworded Leader (SL)
Medium Range: Male Mage (MM) and Female Mage (FM)
Long range: Elf Archer (EA)

Spoiler

Best chance I have is to close the distance and disarm EA, but no doubt MM and FM would have an easy shot and definitely would hit me, if I try and duel SL, that might work because MM and FM magic is easy to hit their teammate. But If I do that and he manage to hold me still for a second or two, EA would have an easy shot so I have to always keep an eye on her, there is a slight chance that she'll miss me and hit SL but I'm not taking it. And using SL as a human shield might work, but that's just scummy.
The goal is not to get hit, even a single human skin touch from SL or a rock from MM hitting my back counts.

17 seconds have pass, 43 remaining

I took a deep breath, my (fake) blue eyes turns brighter as my blood is filled with excitement.

There's a rule in fighting team management.

Get the damage dealers first.

[3rd POV]

Luoir, with his eyes filled with blood thirst of the hunt. Immediately turns around and punch the SL in his stomach. "The face would be too lethal" Luoir thinks.

But the SL, with this expected blocked the punch with his sword which annoys Luoir, who immediately use his other hand to punch SL in the face.

20 seconds have pass, 40 remaining.

"He's coming for us, Pearl!" The FM says, as her flaming whip keeps swinging forward, trying to hit the dodgy Luoir, who jumps, ducks, and side-step all over the face.

"Let's not get punch in the face like that then." MM says, as he stop throwing stuff at Luoir.

"Rock Formation." MM quietly says, as all the things from the ground he picked up is not formed as two big boulder. Preparing to throw at Luoir as he gets closer and closer.

"I'm sorry if this leave a wound but your back is expose dude!" EA yells out, as she fire out two arrows at once, aiming for Luoir's back.

*Voot*

*Grabs*

"I'll be making good uses of these."

"No way-"

EA exclaims in shock at what she saw, the dude immediately turn around runing backward, still being able to dodge FM's fire whip, he then grabs both of her arrows by its body which is flying at high speed.

30 seconds have pass, 30 remaining

With his hands holding two arrows downwards as if they're daggers. He still won't stop running at FM and MM.

"Mei, use it right now or we're down!"

"Got it!
Elemental Spell: Water Limbs!" As she calls out her spell, both of her arms got covered in water, the water keeps expanding longer and longer as she gets it from the air around her and some flowers nearby.

She then immediately uses it to swing towards Luoir, if this was real life combat her water would be useless, FM's water is really low-pressured, it only had been use to take showers in rare occasions, but the rules imply hitting Luoir this is her best bet.

"Let me copy that" Luoir says "Elemental Spell: Ice Aura."

The moment he says that, a barrier of cold ice surrounds him, which freeze any water that got close to him.

"Damn it, we forgot he's a Spell Caster."

In this world, Spell Casters are people that doesn't use any staffs/wands or backup equipment but they instead use spells, downside is they cost triple the mana needed which mages need and you actually have to train with your spells, luck isn't a thing in Spell Casting. Upside is they can be really diverse of the spell they use if they train it, from elemental to physical and imaginations.

MM then throws both boulders at Luoir, one first, the other immediately afterwards.

In his surprise, with both arrows on hand, Luoir immediately destroy both of them without even getting hit by the small rocks flying out when the boulder got broken.

The distances are closed. FM didn't have the chance to turn off her water limb, so when Luoir gets close with his Ice Aura. FM's hands are frozen, unable to unfreeze herself.

MM still have one more trick up his sleeves though.

"Right now Mei!"

"Barrier Spell: Round Protection!"

They both cast their spell at once, Luoir is only 2 steps away from them, when the spells are casted, MM and FM are covered in an invisible yellowish bubble. Which stops Luoir from reaching them. Also vice versa.

"What can this do?" Luoir asks, dropping both arrows down to the ground.

MM doesn't answer, he just give Luoir a quick smile and looks over to EA, who's been real quiet.

45 seconds have passed, 15 remaining.

All of this wasn't pre-planned, this is just pure understanding and trusts of the fours.

"Hail of Arrows!"

"Ah yes, the basic stereo-typical archery skill in fantasy." Luoir says, as he quietly dodge all the arrows by only moving his shoulders and legs as well as his head a bit. While also keeping an eye on MM and FM in the bubble, waiting for them to make another move.

*woot woot woot woot*

Sounds of arrows raining down are getting slower and lesser.

55 seconds have passed, 5 remaining.

The arrows stopped.

Luoir quietly stands and look at MM and FM's eyes, waiting for the next trick to show up in the last 5 seconds.

He got what he expected.

"The spotlight is yours captain, what kind of vanguard use his mages and archers as baits anyway?" FM says, with a soft sigh and her last smile.

Luoirs looks behind him, SL's is there.

57 seconds have passed, 3 remaining.

The blade is raises at head level.

58 seconds have passed, 2 remaining.

The sharp blade of sword swings by aggressively, splicing through the tough wind.

"We won. Rioul." SL says, as the blade stopped by Luoir's neck. Cutting a piece of his hair on the way.

Game time: 59 seconds.
Result: The 4 wins.
End move: Sword slash.

SL pulled his sword back, rest it on the sheath under his hip.

"Damn, that was unlucky." Luoir says, while stretching his elbows and shoulders.

"Good fight, guys." MM says, as he uses fire to defrost the ices on FM's hands.

"D-Rank Spell Caster you say? You're like some B-Rank Assassin level. I'm not buying that" EA says, while clapping and with her bow wraps around her body.

Legi0n

I haven't really read all the scene, just skimmed it a bit.

My main point is that it's written in first-person, that can dowgrade the "spettacularity" a bit as the narrator isn't obmniscent and external to the fight.
Also, narration tense is present: that can also be an issue.

Well, it may all be just my preferences kicking in.

LuoirM

My main point is that it's written in first-person, that can dowgrade the "spettacularity" a bit as the narrator isn't obmniscent and external to the fight.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, about that
I have a trouble narrating the tenses D:, I just pick words that sound fluent in my head. So one line I could be writing "he said" and immediately right after use "says", I don't know how to work around that D:

Napelynn

The narration is too objective and the characters seem too calm despite your use of punctuation. It’s probably because of the narration problem.
The horrifically beautiful wind is blowing through our hair and skin as the sun is shining on top. We're at an open grass field with the four on them has formed a square/circle around me, closest being the melee leader just about 15 steps away. So I got quite amount of distance to play with.
This paragraph was written weirdly. It would probably be better as something like:

The beautiful wind blew through our hair. The sun shone upon our skin. On this open grass field, my four enemies circled around me. Thankfully their leader, the closest of the bunch, was still 15 steps steps away. I have quite a lot of space to work with.

Please note that I am not a writer

Last edited:

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I have a trouble narrating the tenses D:, I just pick words that sound fluent in my head. So one line I could be writing "he said" and immediately right after use "says", I don't know how to work around that D:
A habit, eh?

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds

My personal take was not so much first person, but the present tense. I've read fantastic action scenes with first person Pov, but present tense rarely is palpable to me.

LuoirM

My personal take was not so much first person, but the present tense. I've read fantastic action scenes with first person Pov, but present tense rarely is palpable to me.
what tense do writers usually do? and how much better made from that ._.

Napelynn

what tense do writers usually do? and how much better made from that ._.
They use past tense. Said, shone, blew instead of says, shined, and blowed. I don’t know if it’s objectively better but people are more used to it so the general consensus is that it’s better.

WasatchWind

I'd say a general proofread of grammar would help. The big thing in fight scenes is that you want the reader to understand everything as easily as possible. You want them to be able flow through it easily. I think right now that's the big thing that will help improve your scene.

Present tense also was an obstacle for me in reading this. There's no hard fast rule that it never works in writing, but if you don't have a really good reason for it, I'd recommend you switch to past tense, as most readers find it easier to understand.

LuoirM

I see, present tense is a habit I made because of writing in my native language (which is basically the only tense you can use), It might take a while to develop 2 writing habits at once but i'll try, thanks guys

D

Deleted member 29316

1) Try to avoid redundancy/fillers. Redundant/filler words are those that can be removed, yet the meaning of the statement remains the same.

Example: The horrifically beautiful wind is blowing through our hair and skin as the sun is shining on top. We're at an open grass field with the four on them has formed a square/circle around me, closest being the melee leader just about 15 steps away. So I got quite amount of distance to play with.

The word 'horrifically' can be removed.

2) Avoid switching tenses. If you're going to use past tense in your narration, then use past tense...and stick with it. By comparison, dialogues and thoughts are always in present tense, no matter what the narration's tense is.

3) Right use of similes and metaphors could enhance your paragraphs.

4) A lot of authors recommend writing in active voice rather in passive voice. Active voice is when the subject is the doer of the action, while in passive, the subject receives the action.

Example: Active - I shot him in the chest.
Passive - He was shot in the chest by me.

Legi0n

I see, present tense is a habit I made because of writing in my native language (which is basically the only tense you can use), It might take a while to develop 2 writing habits at once but i'll try, thanks guys
yeah, I had the same problem (first quote) too. Lucky me, I had an amazing english teacher at high school that really helped me a lot. She made me switch from my hating relationship with the language and the literature to an absolutely loving one. If I am now here reading and writing, a great part of the reason is her (thank you Salvina!).
What I can say is that you need to practice, find your errors and practice. Also, read only stories with correct english grammar, it will help a lot (this is also why I can't stand reading stories with improper grammar. They bring you down). Eventually, you will be able to mechanically do it.

My language (italian) helped me in that regard as we do have various forms of past tenses. So yeah, in the end you 'just' need (like most things in our loves) hard work.

Edit: if I remember correctly, grammarly does mark down inconsistencies in narration tenses (but I may be confusing with hemingway editor, or just remembering wrong!).

Last edited:

WasatchWind

Ah, that makes sense. It is a challenge to be sure. All of writing is difficult for everyone in some way. But the feeling you get when you get people that genuinely want more of your work... 😊 It's great. You'll get there, it just takes practice.

OvidLemma

I can give advice, but this video will explain it better.

I cannot emphasize enough that this is a great video if you've got a few minutes to spare. I've been writing for years, and I came away with a few helpful hints that I still use.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I'll be doing 2 fantasies novel and is trying to write the fight scene. I did one just yesterday on my new chapter but reading it back, it doesn't seem... powerful and impactful as I imagined it was. I'm thinking it has something to do with the way I present my words. Can you guys read the following part and let me know anything I can improve on? Fights are essential for my story in the near future so I must practice it from now.
Oh by the way don't worry about fantasy logic, my MC's just too OP.

"Let me get this straight: In one minute, you will try and defend against all of our attacks at once, if we can't manage to hit you or make you surrender, we have to let you get your place as a luggage carrier?" The male mage says.

"Yup."

"Too much effort for a boring one-time job" The elf archer, already stretched her bow says with her head shaking. "And we're using real lethal weapon, you sure about this?"

"Oooooh, ballsy dude, count it down Mei." The leader said, his weapon of choice is a long sword, with his full-body armor (no helmet), he kinda remind me of King Arthur and the Excalibur.

Mei, which is the female mage's name, started starts counting down, while also preparing herself to hurt me.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Go!"

*Woooot*

An arrow flew towards, aiming straight to my chest. Which I dodge with ease, using some cheat, including [Ultra Instinct] and [Point Blank Reflexes] to get myself an easier chance to win here.

Hey don't call me out for cheating, this is my power after all. I just use a bit of it.

"I see you're no normal Spell Caster if you can dodge that arrow, let's have fun." The elf who shot the arrow praises me a bit with a deadly look.

"Elemental Spell: Fire Whip!" Mei

"Rock Shots." Male mage.

From Mei's hand, a long rope made completely with red flame came charging at me, while underneath that male mage's ground, pieces of small rocks and cobble mix with dirt flew upwards next to him, he then gesture them to shoot at me pieces by pieces at great speed, not as fast as the other arrow but enough to keep me worry. I try backing up from both of them but forgot about the leader, who immediately swings in to try and catch me with his sword.

15 seconds have pass, 45 remaining

Close range: Sworded Leader (SL)

Spoiler

Best chance I have is to close the distance and disarm EA, but no doubt MM and FM would have an easy shot and definitely would hit me, if I try and duel SL, that might work because MM and FM magic is easy to hit their teammate. But If I do that and he manage to hold me still for a second or two, EA would have an easy shot so I have to always keep an eye on her, there is a slight chance that she'll miss me and hit SL but I'm not taking it. And using SL as a human shield might work, but that's just scummy.
The goal is not to get hit, even a single human skin touch from SL or a rock from MM hitting my back counts.

17 seconds have pass, 43 remaining

I took a deep breath, my (fake) blue eyes turns brighter as my blood is filled with excitement.

There's a rule in fighting team management.

Get the damage dealers first.

[3rd POV]

Luoir, with his eyes filled with blood thirst of the hunt. Immediately turns around and punch the SL in his stomach. "The face would be too lethal" Luoir thinks.

But the SL, with this expected blocked the punch with his sword which annoys Luoir, who immediately use his other hand to punch SL in the face.

20 seconds have pass, 40 remaining.

"He's coming for us, Pearl!" The FM says, as her flaming whip keeps swinging forward, trying to hit the dodgy Luoir, who jumps, ducks, and side-step all over the face.

"Let's not get punch in the face like that then." MM says, as he stop throwing stuff at Luoir.

"Rock Formation." MM quietly says, as all the things from the ground he picked up is not formed as two big boulder. Preparing to throw at Luoir as he gets closer and closer.

"I'm sorry if this leave a wound but your back is expose dude!" EA yells out, as she fire out two arrows at once, aiming for Luoir's back.

*Voot*

*Grabs*

"I'll be making good uses of these."

"No way-"

EA exclaims in shock at what she saw, the dude immediately turn around runing backward, still being able to dodge FM's fire whip, he then grabs both of her arrows by its body which is flying at high speed.

30 seconds have pass, 30 remaining

With his hands holding two arrows downwards as if they're daggers. He still won't stop running at FM and MM.

"Mei, use it right now or we're down!"

"Got it!
Elemental Spell: Water Limbs!" As she calls out her spell, both of her arms got covered in water, the water keeps expanding longer and longer as she gets it from the air around her and some flowers nearby.

She then immediately uses it to swing towards Luoir, if this was real life combat her water would be useless, FM's water is really low-pressured, it only had been use to take showers in rare occasions, but the rules imply hitting Luoir this is her best bet.

"Let me copy that" Luoir says "Elemental Spell: Ice Aura."

The moment he says that, a barrier of cold ice surrounds him, which freeze any water that got close to him.

"Damn it, we forgot he's a Spell Caster."

In this world, Spell Casters are people that doesn't use any staffs/wands or backup equipment but they instead use spells, downside is they cost triple the mana needed which mages need and you actually have to train with your spells, luck isn't a thing in Spell Casting. Upside is they can be really diverse of the spell they use if they train it, from elemental to physical and imaginations.

MM then throws both boulders at Luoir, one first, the other immediately afterwards.

In his surprise, with both arrows on hand, Luoir immediately destroy both of them without even getting hit by the small rocks flying out when the boulder got broken.

The distances are closed. FM didn't have the chance to turn off her water limb, so when Luoir gets close with his Ice Aura. FM's hands are frozen, unable to unfreeze herself.

MM still have one more trick up his sleeves though.

"Right now Mei!"

They both cast their spell at once, Luoir is only 2 steps away from them, when the spells are casted, MM and FM are covered in an invisible yellowish bubble. Which stops Luoir from reaching them. Also vice versa.

"What can this do?" Luoir asks, dropping both arrows down to the ground.

MM doesn't answer, he just give Luoir a quick smile and looks over to EA, who's been real quiet.

45 seconds have passed, 15 remaining.

All of this wasn't pre-planned, this is just pure understanding and trusts of the fours.

"Hail of Arrows!"

"Ah yes, the basic stereo-typical archery skill in fantasy." Luoir says, as he quietly dodge all the arrows by only moving his shoulders and legs as well as his head a bit. While also keeping an eye on MM and FM in the bubble, waiting for them to make another move.

*woot woot woot woot*

Sounds of arrows raining down are getting slower and lesser.

55 seconds have passed, 5 remaining.

The arrows stopped.

Luoir quietly stands and look at MM and FM's eyes, waiting for the next trick to show up in the last 5 seconds.

He got what he expected.

"The spotlight is yours captain, what kind of vanguard use his mages and archers as baits anyway?" FM says, with a soft sigh and her last smile.

Luoirs looks behind him, SL's is there.

57 seconds have passed, 3 remaining.

The blade is raises at head level.

58 seconds have passed, 2 remaining.

The sharp blade of sword swings by aggressively, splicing through the tough wind.

"We won. Rioul." SL says, as the blade stopped by Luoir's neck. Cutting a piece of his hair on the way.

Game time: 59 seconds.
Result: The 4 wins.
End move: Sword slash.

SL pulled his sword back, rest it on the sheath under his hip.

"Damn, that was unlucky." Luoir says, while stretching his elbows and shoulders.

"Good fight, guys." MM says, as he uses fire to defrost the ices on FM's hands.

"D-Rank Spell Caster you say? You're like some B-Rank Assassin level. I'm not buying that" EA says, while clapping and with her bow wraps around her body.
Ai-chan has a lot to say about this. So before Ai-chan wastes time, Ai-chan wants to ask you. Are you able to take criticism?

Too late! Ai-chan's OCD walked in through the door. Ai-chan didn't edit everything, but just this much should give you an idea of how you can improve.

By the way, writing in present tense is perfectly fine. English speakers are just more used to past tense because most of the fiction books they read were in past tense. But there are many professional authors who do write in present tense, such as the awesome author of Wicked Lovely. Wicked Lovely was great, the sequels not so much.

The horrifically beautiful wind is blowing through our hair and skin as the sun is shining on top. :How is a beautiful wind ‘horrifical’?: We're at an open grass field a grassy open field with the four of them has formed them forming a square/circle :A circle or a square? Make up your mind: around me, dot closest being the melee leader just about 15 steps away. The closest to me is the swordsman, the leader of their party standing about 15 steps away. :Details such as direction where the leader is standing would be nice: So I got have quite the amount of distance to play with.

"Let me get this straight: dot In one minute, you will try and defend against all of our attacks at once, dot if If we can't manage to hit you or make you surrender, we have to let you get your place as at work as our luggage carrier?" The male mage says.

"Yup." :You can say something like “I make a grin showing the confidence I have in my abilities”. This too short of a line between two long paragraphs gets kind of jarring.:

"Too much effort for a boring one-time job." The elf archer, already stretched her bow says with her head shaking while shaking her head. "And we're using real lethal weapon, you sure about this?"

"Oooooh, ballsy dude, count it down Mei." The leader said says, his weapon of choice is a long sword, dot with his full-body armor (no helmet), With his full-body armor and handsome face not covered by helmet, he kinda reminds me of King Arthur and the Excalibur.

Mei, which is the female mage's name the female mage of the party, started starts counting down, while also preparing herself to hurt me.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Go!"

*Woooot* :Don’t do this. Don’t do *text* thing. This is word coding. If you do this, your text will appear as Bold on some sites or document format. Just Woooot! without the *text* thing.:

An arrow flew towards :towards where?:, aiming straight to my chest. An arrow flies towards me, coming straight for my heart. Which I dodge with ease, using some cheat, Using my cheat, I easily manage to dodge it. including [Ultra Instinct] and [Point Blank Reflexes] to get myself an easier chance to win here. My skills [Ultra Instinct] and[Point Blank Reflex] make it easier for me to win here.

Hey don't call me out for cheating, this is my power after all. I just use a bit of it. I’m only using a little bit.

"I see you're no normal Spell Caster if you can dodge that arrow, let's have fun." The elf who shot the arrow praises me a bit with a deadly look. :Describing the ‘deadly look’ would help give this paragraph context.:

"Elemental Spell: Fire Whip!" Mei :Are you sure you didn’t miss a whole sentence here?:

"Rock Shots." Male mage. :You missed a whole sentence here, probably.:

From Mei's hand, a long rope made completely with of red flame came comes charging at me, dot while underneath that male mage's ground, pieces of small rocks and cobble mix with dirt flew upwards next to him, At the same time, pieces of small rocks and cobble mixed with dirt erupts under the male mage’s feet. he then gesture them to shoot at me With his fingers, he gestures them to fly at me pieces by pieces one piece at a time at great speed, not as fast as the other arrow but enough to keep me worry make me worry. I try backing up away from both of them but forgot about the leader, but so preoccupied I am with them that I forget about the leader. who immediately swings in to try and catch me with his sword. :What does “swing in and try to catch me with his sword” supposed to mean?:

15 seconds have pass have passed :This is present perfect tense:, 45 seconds remaining dot

Close range: Sworded :Swordsman or Sword-wielding: Leader (SL)

Last edited:

LuoirM

Ai-chan has a lot to say about this. So before Ai-chan wastes time, Ai-chan wants to ask you. Are you able to take criticism?

Too late! Ai-chan's OCD walked in through the door. Ai-chan didn't edit everything, but just this much should give you an idea of how you can improve.

By the way, writing in present tense is perfectly fine. English speakers are just more used to past tense because most of the fiction books they read were in past tense. But there are many professional authors who do write in present tense, such as the awesome author of Wicked Lovely. Wicked Lovely was great, the sequels not so much.

The horrifically beautiful wind is blowing through our hair and skin as the sun is shining on top. :How is a beautiful wind ‘horrifical’?: We're at an open grass field a grassy open field with the four of them has formed them forming a square/circle :A circle or a square? Make up your mind: around me, dot closest being the melee leader just about 15 steps away. The closest to me is the swordsman, the leader of their party standing about 15 steps away. :Details such as direction where the leader is standing would be nice: So I got have quite the amount of distance to play with.

"Let me get this straight: dot In one minute, you will try and defend against all of our attacks at once, dot if If we can't manage to hit you or make you surrender, we have to let you get your place as at work as our luggage carrier?" The male mage says.

"Yup." :You can say something like “I make a grin showing the confidence I have in my abilities”. This too short of a line between two long paragraphs gets kind of jarring.:

"Too much effort for a boring one-time job." The elf archer, already stretched her bow says with her head shaking while shaking her head. "And we're using real lethal weapon, you sure about this?"

"Oooooh, ballsy dude, count it down Mei." The leader said says, his weapon of choice is a long sword, dot with his full-body armor (no helmet), With his full-body armor and handsome face not covered by helmet, he kinda reminds me of King Arthur and the Excalibur.

Mei, which is the female mage's name the female mage of the party, started starts counting down, while also preparing herself to hurt me.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Go!"

*Woooot* :Don’t do this. Don’t do *text* thing. This is word coding. If you do this, your text will appear as Bold on some sites or document format. Just Woooot! without the *text* thing.:

An arrow flew towards :towards where?:, aiming straight to my chest. An arrow flies towards me, coming straight for my heart. Which I dodge with ease, using some cheat, Using my cheat, I easily manage to dodge it. including [Ultra Instinct] and [Point Blank Reflexes] to get myself an easier chance to win here. My skills [Ultra Instinct] and[Point Blank Reflex] make it easier for me to win here.

Hey don't call me out for cheating, this is my power after all. I just use a bit of it. I’m only using a little bit.

"I see you're no normal Spell Caster if you can dodge that arrow, let's have fun." The elf who shot the arrow praises me a bit with a deadly look. :Describing the ‘deadly look’ would help give this paragraph context.:

"Elemental Spell: Fire Whip!" Mei :Are you sure you didn’t miss a whole sentence here?:

"Rock Shots." Male mage. :You missed a whole sentence here, probably.:

From Mei's hand, a long rope made completely with of red flame came comes charging at me, dot while underneath that male mage's ground, pieces of small rocks and cobble mix with dirt flew upwards next to him, At the same time, pieces of small rocks and cobble mixed with dirt erupts under the male mage’s feet. he then gesture them to shoot at me With his fingers, he gestures them to fly at me pieces by pieces one piece at a time at great speed, not as fast as the other arrow but enough to keep me worry make me worry. I try backing up away from both of them but forgot about the leader, but so preoccupied I am with them that I forget about the leader. who immediately swings in to try and catch me with his sword. :What does “swing in and try to catch me with his sword” supposed to mean?:

15 seconds have pass have passed :This is present perfect tense:, 45 seconds remaining dot

Close range: Sworded :Swordsman or Sword-wielding: Leader (SL)
Ai-chan, I don't take criti- oops too late, let's read