New author looking for feedback

Spoopytagedie

Alright Ima complete newbie author and I'm just hoping someone will tell me what they think of the first two chapters(Only ones I've posted)

Trying to set a mood and give an idea of what the mc is like but ima newbie and I honestly dont fully trust myself to do a half decent review.

Here's the link

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Just write for now and don't let discourage yourself. :blob_reach: You will gradually improve with every 10k words.

Spoopytagedie

Thankyou I'll go ahead and take that into account with the next chapter

LostinMovement

The premise is interesting but I have to agree with @Assurbanipal_II . There is much more dialogue than needed. Generally speaking, there are three main purposes as to why a writer would substitute narration with dialogue. The dialogue needs to :
  • Reveal characters
  • Progress plot
  • Set tone
If the dialogue you are writing fulfills at least two of these purposes then you are writing dialogue correctly. I personally find dialogue and narration important in equal measures. You can't write something interesting will only walls of narration and little to no dialogue. The opposite is also true.

Don't be disheartened. We all learn through feedback. Best of luck to you. I hope to see you write more :blobthumbsup:

Last edited: