New novels

I am being genuinely coffuaed for quite some time... As I am trying to write a new novel should I post each chapter withing the day I wrote them or should I stack up some chapters and then upload them one by one everyday and write more with it?

And if I should stock them up, how many should i? 10? 20? Or what?

SailusGebel

Releasing 3-4 chapters a week is the best, but it's not a fact. It's only a subjective opinion. The more you have in stock, the better. In case when you can't write, you use the chapters that you reserved.

Deathilim

I am being genuinely coffuaed for quite some time... As I am trying to write a new novel should I post each chapter withing the day I wrote them or should I stack up some chapters and then upload them one by one everyday and write more with it?

And if I should stock them up, how many should i? 10? 20? Or what?
If you arent writing it for money, then you shouldn't strangle yourself with the deadline. Just focus on enjoying it and crafting a good web-serial.

LilRora

Mostly formless
It all depends on your preference, honestly. A backlog will reduce the pressure on you and will allow you to keep posting if you fall ill or something, plus it helps keep consistent shedule.

I write very inconsistently, so usually I write a story till I have at least 10 chapters, then start publishing 2-3 chapters a week until I exhaust my backlog. It's your call if you want to do it. There are many authors who publish chapters as they write, and it's not like it's wrong.

NotOriginal

...I um just stockpile my chapters just so I wouldn't be pressured by delivering chapters. Whether you wanna write and post daily is up to you but personally I don't see that series lasting very long with a schedule like that.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Do what works for you with your lifestyle and writing speed. Before my son popped out of me, I would post one chapter every 8 days. Now, I'll be posting 0 chapters a year until he starts going to school.

pelpelen

I have 20 unreleased chapters. I'll probably wait until 50 or more to actually release the story.
So even if i get writer's block i can release on a schedule.

apexaltra

Like others have said, it's good to have a backlog. I also wouldn't post the chapters the day you write them- let em sit for at least a week, so that you can look them over and make edits. The stuff I post goes through multiple drafts.

Lorelliad

I'm back
Currently working on a story, and its the first time I've ever stockpiled 30 chapters without uploading. Don't worry too much