Resolved New series, chapter not showing up in Latest Updates OR Latest Series!

virgilknightley

the views aren't updated in real-time so as to not create lag in the server.

However, this question, for some reason, is a very asked question... many people don't read the FAQ
Views are reset when favorites occur. I was alarmed because favorites did not trigger the number to grow, but if it's linked to the story needing to be approved first, then that makes sense. I can't find any documentation that says that's the case, though.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Views are reset when favorites occur. I was alarmed because favorites did not trigger the number to grow, but if it's linked to the story needing to be approved first, then that makes sense. I can't find any documentation that says that's the case, though.
If the story isn't approved, there are no views. You can't see stories posted without approval.

Philip-Read

Hi. Just posted several chapters within minutes of each other but nothing showing on Latest Series. Not even 10 minutes later

SailusGebel

Hi. Just posted several chapters within minutes of each other but nothing showing on Latest Series. Not even 10 minutes later
@WelcomeToSH Check this.

- Published my story. Don't see it.

Your story needs to be approved first. Usually happens < 24 hrs. Yes, same goes for covers too.

virgilknightley

If the story isn't approved, there are no views. You can't see stories posted without approval.
That's really interesting because I had 5 of my readers like my first chapter before it was approved. That may have been the real bug lol.
@Tony This guy may be having the issue I had last time. I remember you were able to bump my chapters up the feed.

Tony

Staff member
That's really interesting because I had 5 of my readers like my first chapter before it was approved. That may have been the real bug lol.

@Tony This guy may be having the issue I had last time. I remember you were able to bump my chapters up the feed.

It's not bugged for @Philip-Read. It wasn't approved yet which could take up to 12 hours. There's a message that tells you it could take up to 12 hours after you submit a novel.

His novel is showing now though. I currently see it on the latest updates.

D

Deleted member 71487

Hello! Wondering if there's a criteria for latest chapter updates to be posted on the front page (latest updates section)? I haven't seen mine there whenever I update. Been updating my story every day for the past 11 days :blob_pat_sad: ...

Dajoe1234

My story hasn't been posted to Scribblehub yet I uploaded it and it says that it was accepted. Is there a delay before your story gets accepted. I have a women showing cleavage on the book cover, would that be a reason for not posting my story? i
Curvy-Desires.jpg

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
My story hasn't been posted to Scribblehub yet I uploaded it and it says that it was accepted. Is there a delay before your story gets accepted. I have a women showing cleavage on the book cover, would that be a reason for not posting my story? iView attachment 10743
just some questions:

did you get a message in your notifications from an unknown profile with the avatar of someone that looks like a thief who said that your story was accepted? If so, then it was accepted. If not, then it hasn't been yet and everything I'll talk about below will be useless to you. However, if you did get a confirmation in your notifs, then keep reading.

Are you sure it has a chapter uploaded? Even if your story has been approved, as long as you don't have a chapter, it won't show up anywhere on your profile or anything. Just upload a chapter. The uploaded chapter will appear in the "Latest Updates" section.

Dajoe1234

just some questions:

did you get a message in your notifications from an unknown profile with the avatar of someone that looks like a thief who said that your story was accepted? If so, then it was accepted. If not, then it hasn't been yet and everything I'll talk about below will be useless to you. However, if you did get a confirmation in your notifs, then keep reading.

Are you sure it has a chapter uploaded? Even if your story has been approved, as long as you don't have a chapter, it won't show up anywhere on your profile or anything. Just upload a chapter. The uploaded chapter will appear in the "Latest Updates" section.
It has a chapter uploaded and yeah I got the message.

Tony

Staff member
My story hasn't been posted to Scribblehub yet I uploaded it and it says that it was accepted. Is there a delay before your story gets accepted. I have a women showing cleavage on the book cover, would that be a reason for not posting my story? iView attachment 10743
It has a chapter uploaded and yeah I got the message.

Hello, you won't receive a message or notification for when it gets accepted. The message just says that it takes up to 12 hours after you submit your series for it to get accepted (before it shows up on the site). I just accepted your series though.

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
Hello, you won't receive a message or notification for when it gets accepted. The message just says that it takes up to 12 hours after you submit your series for it to get accepted (before it shows up on the site). I just accepted your series though.
Hello, my one and only new series is unsearchable and never appeared as a new series, but other people can read it once they access the link. :blob_frown:
It's been two days since I uploaded it. Please fix it, thank you. 🙏