New Writer looking for help.

PenPal110

I am new here, just want some help with the basic set up of my story,

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
You have to tell more so that people can help you, tiny pokemon's chibi.
Maybe explain about your setup and the problems you are facing with your writing.

PenPal110

its not a problem per se, i just don't really know how the genera and tags things need to be done. This is my first time writing something serious

DubstheDuke

its not a problem per se, i just don't really know how the genera and tags things need to be done. This is my first time writing something serious
I mean, what is the story about? As far as genre and tags are concerned, if it includes it then put it on there. Make sure to include all the popular tags you can without misleading readers

OneRanter

its not a problem per se, i just don't really know how the genera and tags things need to be done. This is my first time writing something s
I mean, what is the story about? As far as genre and tags are concerned, if it includes it then put it on there. Make sure to include all the popular tags you can without misleading readers
And don't forget about tagging the gender of your lead character. A lot of people use that tag first in the search tool.

PenPal110

okay i guess,
so i dont need to put all the tags that would fit? just enoughof them

SailusGebel

okay i guess,
Tags are an instrument that used to first of all let the readers further understand what awaits them in the story. It as well serves you as a promotion. The more tags that fit the novel you place, the higher the chance a random reader that wants to read a story with this particular tag would click on your novel. Just put what you think is fitting and later on change it according to your feelings or reader's advice.
As for a clear definition of every tag and genre, it's highly subjective. Make your own judgment calls.

OneRanter

okay i guess,
You can put as many as you want. Just make sure that if you use one it does really fit in your story. Because many readers are going to dive into your story expecting those tags. If they don't find them, some may get angry and rate poorly just because.

udin-san

Talking about tags, as a reader I feel turned off when I see a story with too much tags on it.

Nezothecat

I'm not one to talk but you can use this as a reference. Mine is like below average especially the synopsis but tags and genres are simpler because you could click and see if it is in your story. ^^

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-30-09-03-11-833_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-30-09-03-11-833_com.android.chrome.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 80

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Talking about tags, as a reader I feel turned off when I see a story with too much tags on it.
I would only put up big tags. minors don’t need to be in there.

crimson_carnation

You can only have 25 tags for a story, so choose them well. If you are unsure what the genres or tags mean, you can look them up here:
For the tags, you can see what they mean when you hover the cursor over them. This list doesn't exactly match all the tags on SH and I do remember there being efforts to make a tag list for this site, but I don't know how far along it came and I don't have a link for it.