Non-Euclidean Martial Arts

Thraben

The name is misleading, but the idea it evokes is what I'm talking about.

I'm looking for more ideas to go along with the following:

Martial arts, as in both the real world hand-to-hand/antiquated weapons combat stuff and the fictional wuxia nonsense, but set in a such a way that mundane combat heavily incorporates odd geometric shenanigans and perspective warping.

I'm writing characters trained to twist their bodies in ways not possible in 3D space in order to dodge 3D attacks. Characters that can (from your perspective) sidestep to the left and end up behind you somehow. Characters that can punch at a specific angle and create a fractal of mirrored fists attacking in all directions out from their body. Characters that appear like massive giants when attacking you but like a tiny agile gnat when you go to attack them.

And, what I'm sharing this for, is to ask for your ideas of weird/good powers within this general realm of shittery. What are some cool supernatural 'martial arts techniques' that could exist within this framework that I haven't thought of? I wish to unashamedly steal those ideas in exchange for planting this seed in your minds.

AmeronWerschrux

The name is misleading, but the idea it evokes is what I'm talking about.

I'm looking for more ideas to go along with the following:

Martial arts, as in both the real world hand-to-hand/antiquated weapons combat stuff and the fictional wuxia nonsense, but set in a such a way that mundane combat heavily incorporates odd geometric shenanigans and perspective warping.

I'm writing characters trained to twist their bodies in ways not possible in 3D space in order to dodge 3D attacks. Characters that can (from your perspective) sidestep to the left and end up behind you somehow. Characters that can punch at a specific angle and create a fractal of mirrored fists attacking in all directions out from their body. Characters that appear like massive giants when attacking you but like a tiny agile gnat when you go to attack them.

And, what I'm sharing this for, is to ask for your ideas of weird/good powers within this general realm of shittery. What are some cool supernatural 'martial arts techniques' that could exist within this framework that I haven't thought of? I wish to unashamedly steal those ideas in exchange for planting this seed in your minds.
That honestly sounds pretty cool, I like this creative idea you thought, but I can't think of any at the moment

SailusGebel

Why do you need it? I see no reason to do it, so I'm asking why.

owotrucked

Chronic lecher masquerading as a writer
enemy pov:

LollipoPReapeR

Isn’t this kinda like martial arts from Exalted? They result in all kinds of weird phenomena. Sidereal martial arts for example fuck with fate itself.

Peter3135566

Defensive... mobe something half sideways in our space and half sideways across space, making uclidian attacks only half the damage to the defance itself but none of the pushback of bring hit - aca ignore kinetic blunt damage!

Attack while spinning like a spinning top, using the attacks to both accelerate the spin and time is so despite seemingly attack all around you every hit lands on the nearest enemy of eny direction, somehow including up. Weakness is if someone hugs your legs making spinning harder...

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
First, go on Steam and download 4d Miner Demo (its free) and you can't do much, but you can at least wander the four-dimensional landscape and encounter the four-dimensional hyper spiders. Remember, in a 2d world, gravity only goes one way. In a 3d world, gravity only goes one way. So, in a 4d world, gravity would only go one way. This will help you in dealing with the concept of using the scroll wheel to rotate through 4d space.

Next, go on youtube and Google 5d Chess with multiversal time travel.

You could buy the game if you want, but you'll find the videos do a good enough job conveying the game. How to send your rook back in time to attack the enemy king in the past, that sort of thing. It's difficult to conceptualize, but I find it easy. Just remember that in normal chess there are two axis of movement. in 5d chess, there are four. X-axis, Y-axis, time-axis, and Multiverse-axis. Just like a rook can travel any distance along any axis, it can move in any distance along ANY access. So it can go forward, backward, side to side, backward or sideways through time. IT often can't go forward, because the future might not exist yet.

However a Bishop can travel any 2 axis equally so it can move say, three to the left and back in time 3 moves, or forward and multiversal to jump into the future in a parallel time line.

go mess around with that, first.

it's the game that came up with the Jurassic Rook move, and the Terminator Queen Gambit, where you sacrifice your queen in the past to force the enemy king to move into a position where you can attack him in the present.