Novel cover

Mortrexo

If the size is not proper, the page squeezes or widens the image to fit with the ratio of the page. Can it be made so you can use, for example, bigger images and then crop them in an in-built editor? If an image is, for example, 200x400, being able to cut 50 from the 400 in the editor with a visual rectangle that tells you the optimal size would be good.

Mortrexo

do it yourself?
I did? Do you think my novel cover was uploaded magically?

This is a thread post to suggest things to make the page easier to navigate for people who may not know how to edit the images or do not even know that there exists such a feature that would deform the image to such an extent.

Therefore, instead of being such an asshole and answering with useless things, let's be adults and add to the conversation.

For example, why do you think that instead of having a feature IN the page, it is better to do it outside? Wattpad, Webnovel, Royal Roal, and every other page have this feature. Why does Scribblehub lack it?

Either way, next time you try to be a smartass, try to be productive instead. You may learn that life is more than answering stupid things in places where suggestions and conversations are held.

I did? Do you think my novel cover was uploaded magically?

This is a thread post to suggest things to make the page easier to navigate for people who may not know how to edit the images or do not even know that there exists such a feature that would deform the image to such an extent.

Therefore, instead of being such an asshole and answering with useless things, let's be adults and add to the conversation.

For example, why do you think that instead of having a feature IN the page, it is better to do it outside? Wattpad, Webnovel, Royal Roal, and every other page have this feature. Why does Scribblehub lack it?

Either way, next time you try to be a smartass, try to be productive instead. You may learn that life is more than answering stupid things in places where suggestions and conversations are held.
too much work for something trivial/unnecessary. tony is a solo developer, focusing on tasks that help more than save up 2min of work on paint is more productive.

resorting to personal insults every time someone is taking the piss; you must be fun to be around

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
That escalated quickly :blob_popcorn:

but yes, while having a built-in editor is nice, it would also mean that the site saves those images on the server

SH doesn’t host images because of the hosting costs and potential copyright issues that may arise. Wattpad, RR, and Webnovel all have commercial revenue through subscription services. SH has not.

Like the gray dot said, SH is a solo man project, so rather that pressing for a luxury feature, I advocate to finally add the discontinued status for stories use that computing power for more useful features. (How about a popup window before closing the SH editor to confirm the tab exit, just saying, so many lost drafts because of stupid finger on X)

Mortrexo

but yes, while having a built-in editor is nice, it would also mean that the site saves those images on the server

SH doesn’t host images because of the hosting costs and potential copyright issues that may arise. Wattpad, RR, and Webnovel all have commercial revenue through subscription services. SH has not.

Like the gray dot said, SH is a solo man project, so rather that pressing for a luxury feature, I advocate to finally add the discontinued status for stories use that computing power for more useful features. (How about a popup window before closing the SH editor to confirm the tab exit, just saying, so many lost drafts because of stupid finger on X)
I see. Well, I didn't know there were many things to consider for a simple feature or that he was a solo developer. My knowledge of programming is nill, so I ask. Is it that hard to create an in-built image editor with an image cropping feature that doesn't save the image?

D

Deleted member 113259

I see. Well, I didn't know there were many things to consider for a simple feature or that he was a solo developer. My knowledge of programming is nill, so I ask. Is it that hard to create an in-built image editor with an image cropping feature that doesn't save the image?
It's not just about difficulty, it's also about hosting costs. Tony's not going to implement a feature that's going to consistently take money to maintain.

shouldn't be too difficult (?) I'm not actually sure since I haven't used wordpress before. honestly, it's not a bad idea. i was just being an asshole.

also there are no extra costs for adding this... sh already hosts the covers

Mortrexo

shouldn't be too difficult (?) I'm not actually sure since I haven't used wordpress before. honestly, it's not a bad idea. i was just being an asshole.

Hm, don't worry. I also overreacted. Could've ignored the comment, but the wires crossed and exploded. Have a nice day, and thank you for answering either way!

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•

I think there are enough free apps or websites that specialize in cropping and minor editing like this. Imagine it not working and people coming to the forum to whine.