Novel shout out.

FatElf

RR does this a lot, and I'm still not convinced it isn't some mafia circle there...

But authors shout out other novels here in their chapter release? I don't think I ever seen it here on SH, or maybe I'm just not reading the right novels.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
RR does this a lot, and I'm still not convinced it isn't some mafia circle there...

But authors shout out other novels here in their chapter release? I don't think I ever seen it here on SH, or maybe I'm just not reading the right novels.
I did it one time for the story forum SHHS.

I don't think it's something going on here. The ranking are based on view, not on rating or followers. On Royal Road if you make quickly enough followers you can go on rising star, that why a lot there try to do shoutout swap.

ShipTeaser

I've done it once as I was reading the novel anyway and was asked. If someone noticed I'm reading their novel and wants one they can have one, but I won't shout out something I ain't read, obviously

SailusGebel

Just do it in the forum, you are famous here. :blob_hmm: Although the number of people here is less than the main site.:blob_hmm_two:
I mean, people already do it. They have cignatures and stuff, and it doesn't help as much, we are a small forum. Plus, people here are picky. You shohuld half the amount of potential readers from the get-go.

beast_regards

The Royal Road is hyper-competitive. Only the best rated, highest ranked stories are displayed, with only minimal space given to new updates.

Shout-outs are one means of how to increase visibility.

Other options are paid adds, or spamming a chapter each minute. (Yes, minute, the recently updated move that fast)

Posting on forums on the Royal Road is practically visibility suicide.

The shout-out swaps is a bit less mafia than the downvoters mobs.

Enkiari

Sometimes. When I read a story I really enjoy, I may shout out it.
Although, I do refrain from doing it most of the time. Mostly because I am not sure if the story's author would like it if I did.
Probably, they wouldn't mind it, but you never know. I am not sure what the usual etiquette is.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
I did a shout-out for @MrProper fanfic novel in one of my own novel chapters to recommend his Naruto fanfic. It was a gem. Sadly due to health after a traffic accident and life he stopped updating the story. Which is completely understandable. He was the one who made me want to write my own stories. I only do shout-out if I like the novel I read.