Novels with a change of genre and a weak protagonist

Grimland

Hello, I wanted to ask you to recommend a novel with a weak protagonist, a changed gender and "protected by his friends".

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Hello, I wanted to ask you to recommend a novel with a weak protagonist, a changed genre and "protected by his friends".

Thank you in advance.
I would recommend Trash of the Count’s Family. The protagonist is weak, but he is a trickster and everyone believes he is strong. And he uses his comrades to achieve his goals, instead of trying to take action personally.

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
I would recommend Trash of the Count’s Family. The protagonist is weak, but he is a trickster and everyone believes he is strong. And he uses his comrades to achieve his goals, instead of trying to take action personally.
I think he meant gender bender...
...a changed genre...
... But got autocorrected or screwed up by google translate and ended up writing "genre" instead of "gender".

I think he meant gender bender...
Ohhhhhhhhh.....

Coz off the top of my head I only know one or two stories that make a genre shift, the movies Titanic... Psycho?

But there is a big list of them on TV topes

Does anyone remember Negima?

hmmm after looking deeper I saw Tamora Pierce's name

"The Tortall Universe format shifts from Fantasy-Adventure to Fantasy-Police Procedural with the Beka Cooper trilogy."

Coincidently Tamora's works were just mentioned by someone else in another thread!!!

But that is not important... since OP is probably talking about gender change...

OvidLemma

My novella, Unusual Cases, involves a protagonist who is physically weak, who changes genders, and who is protected against friends at several pivotal points in the story. It is also very, very smutty with a pansexual protagonist, so reader beware.

In my Natalie Bryce novels (On My Best Behavior and Consequences of Magic), Natalie is also physically weak because she's very petite, but she's also a crazy powerful witch who generally ends up protecting her friends, and so she probably doesn't count.

DDTStudios

Shameless Self Promotion:
Heir de Winter: It takes a different path than you’re normal weak to strong novels. There is not isekai, no sex scenes, and no harems.