Obscure horror games recommendations

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Please let me know if you have played any and why you think it’s good. Any type of game is fine. I’ll reward any worthy suggestions

HungrySheep

I like yuri
Fear and Hunger used to be obscure until it became semi-mainstream. I'm not sure if Depersonalization counts as a horror game since it's based exactly on the Call of Cthulhu system so you can make some very funny builds.

BernKatstel

Fear and Hunger used to be obscure until it became semi-mainstream. I'm not sure if Depersonalization counts as a horror game since it's based exactly on the Call of Cthulhu system so you can make some very funny builds.
I have played Fear and hunger and it was a great experience. Thanks for letting me know about depersonalization, just checked it out and it looks like something worth wasting some time into
Eternal Darkness. It was one of the earliest psychological horror games to mess with the player actively. Also, I never fully finished it but it was one of the reasons I don't play horror games.
Good suggestion! I remember hearing about it, but I never got around to checking it out. I’ll see if I can give it a try

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Please let me know if you have played any and why you think it’s good. Any type of game is fine. I’ll reward any worthy suggestions
Haven't played them, but I've seen playthroughs of them:
[Amnesia: The Dark Descent]
[Amnesia: The Bunker]
[Layers of Fear]
[Dredge]
[Fears to Fathom]
[Iron Lung]
[Lethal Company] (technically)

Failing that...I recommend having a look at games that Gab Smolders and Markiplier have played.
They both have played a heck ton of indie horror games.
Gab will also sometimes play Japanese ones that haven't been translated, or haven't got a huge western following.

X

BernKatstel

alone in the dark (1993)
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (2004)
Oldies, but those are often promising. I’ll check ’em out
Haven't played them, but I've seen playthroughs of them:
[Amnesia: The Dark Descent]
[Amnesia: The Bunker]
[Layers of Fear]
[Dredge]
[Fears to Fathom]
[Iron Lung]
[Lethal Company] (technically)

Failing that...I recommend having a look at games that Gab Smolders and Markiplier have played.
They both have played a heck ton of indie horror games.
Gab will also sometimes play Japanese ones that haven't been translated, or haven't got a huge western following.

X
Yeeeep, I have gone through the list. I’ll check out Gab since I have never heard about them. Thank you!

BernKatstel

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
BlackSouls 1 and 2
Fear and Hunger
Abaddon: Princess of Decay
Thanks for the suggestions. Haven’t heard of the first two nor the last one.

The ones you haven't heard of are h-games. I'll have to caution against them if you're not into body horror and characters of questionable appearance getting horrible things done to them.

Personally the horror is more in the psychological aspect and the fucked up shit you're forced to do. The one with more traditional horror aspects would be Black Souls 2, and that's for certain areas with conditions needed to be activated. Pretty great stories tho

BernKatstel

The ones you haven't heard of are h-games. I'll have to caution against them if you're not into body horror and characters of questionable appearance getting horrible things done to them.

Personally the horror is more in the psychological aspect and the fucked up shit you're forced to do. The one with more traditional horror aspects would be Black Souls 2, and that's for certain areas with conditions needed to be activated. Pretty great stories tho
Thanks for letting me know. It all sounds fine overall! I hope there’s a way to remove the H content

Fty

I don’t know how obscure it is but Iron Lung is a good game. It’s absolutely terrifying!