Looking for Work Open commission,

Thorkell_40k

HI again, greetings. An artist here and I can do book covers, character design, character illustrations and some more too. Anyone looking for someone to draw anything of the above and are ready to pay feel free to ping me. The payment isn't fixed but it isn't less than 45$. Your wishes is my command. I might be sometimes busy to reply but I will always do 👍
And like always, keep in mind that i don't draw skin exposed too much, R18 stuffs, nsfw, too much romance or stuffs like that or LGBTQ as well. Looking forward to your cooperation. If anyone want to see more of my art you can check the other threads too
These are my art style if its required.
bc9aa495-23db-42cb-bc51-b341df79576e.png

Oc of @XKARNATION fay and Diana
497c4e8b-66f6-4bb4-8e8b-d0fbc9bfca75.jpg
5ba94591-ce2f-410a-9727-9f8e704ee5e6.jpg

Eyes.
b7e6a03a-cb03-4374-a539-68a6ebf3b181.png

Fanart of Rodeger from academy's undercover professor.
6d765723-dea7-40a1-8d7a-2fd3f9b29194.jpg

Others r pervious works samples.
32c37ca8-1bc3-4d24-a37a-cc3b52317817.jpg

5093cdbc-e574-4796-b2fb-d7873868dc7c.jpg

Battle field request.
791c194b-ee7c-41e9-9b00-95782dcaaaed.jpg

Jemini

@Jemini do your warning!
Yep, seems appropriate here.

In terms of commissions, I have found through personal bad experience it is a lot better to use some sort of neutral arbiter service such as Fiverr if you're going to go through a commission.

While Fiverr and other such sites are a bit hit-or-miss in terms of how the commissioned person will perform and behave, the arbitration team themselves are essential in cases where there is an issue with the commission, which does come up frequent enough that it does pay to be cautious in this way.

(I'll just quote myself for the explanation of these neutral arbiter services and recounting of my own bad experience here.)

Basically the way these neutral arbiters work is you pay the full commission in advance to the neutral party and they hold it until the work is complete to the satisfaction of the commissioner. If the product is delivered and accepted by the commissioner, the money is paid automatically. If there is a dispute, the parties are encouraged to resolve it among themselves but if that's impossible then arbitration can be called in to settle the matter. In the case of the misbehaving artist I mentioned, I believe he got his account banned since he was so clearly in the wrong on that one. I mean, I understand that the first couple images he gave me looked amazing, it's just that I was asking for something very specific and he was not delivering the specific thing I asked for and was not even trying to ask the clarifying questions to understand, and then wound up just delivering a line-art that looked like a child's drawing that looked sort of like what I was asking for but of course that quality was unacceptable.

EDIT: Point in the recounting that was lost from the quote, due to me excluding the preceding paragraph, is that the arbitration person gave me back the money they were holding for me due to the dispute being settled in my favor. There were also others I've worked out where the person I commissioned paid me my money back when it was concluded they couldn't supply me with what I was asking for.

The piece I was trying to commission is the Key to the Void cover art you can see on the right in my sig. The challenging point was designing the weapon she's holding in her hand. That's not actually a staff. It's an ax based on the design of an Igorot ax, made double-bit, and designed in such a way it can be easily mistaken for a staff right up until the moment you are inside it's striking range. I got the cover I'm using now from another artist I worked with later after the mentioned screw-up of an artist was refusing to understand what I was asking for in the weapon design and kept giving her things like a monk's spade or a double-bit Dane ax (Dane ax is more classically what you think about when you hear the term "battle ax," and could never be mistaken for a staff.)

Last edited:

Thorkell_40k

In terms of commissions, I have found through personal bad experience it is a lot better to use some sort of neutral arbiter service such as Fiverr if you're going to go through a commission.

While Fiverr and other such sites are a bit hit-or-miss in terms of how the commissioned person will perform and behave, the arbitration team themselves are essential in cases where there is an issue with the commission, which does come up frequent enough that it does pay to be cautious in this way.

(I'll just quote myself for the explanation of these neutral arbiter services and recounting of my own bad experience

Ohhh, thanks for the info.

Thorkell_40k

(I'll just quote myself for the explanation of these neutral arbiter services and recounting of my own bad experience here.)

EDIT: Point in the recounting that was lost from the quote, due to me excluding the preceding paragraph, is that the arbitration person gave me back the money they were holding for me due to the dispute being settled in my favor. There were also others I've worked out where the person I commissioned paid me my money back when it was concluded they couldn't supply me with what I was asking for.

The piece I was trying to commission is the Key to the Void cover art you can see on the right in my sig. The challenging point was designing the weapon she's holding in her hand. That's not actually a staff. It's an ax based on the design of an Igorot ax, made double-bit, and designed in such a way it can be easily mistaken for a staff right up until the moment you are inside it's striking range. I got the cover I'm using now from another artist I worked with later after the mentioned screw-up of an artist was refusing to understand what I was asking for in the weapon design and kept giving her things like a monk's spade or a double-bit Dane ax (Dane ax is more classically what you think about when you hear the term "battle ax," and could never be mistaken for a staff.)
It surely is a bad experience :blob_hmm: but i can assure you we aren't going to do such mistake. We cherish each request and take caution doing things step by step. If it look like we can't do it or can't come to a conclusion we proceed with our discussion until it is resolved. So i guess there's no need for the warning :blob_evil_two: if you feel uncertain about this you can just check out the previous threads and know that we can be trusted :blobthumbsup: