Patreon vs Ko-fi

Temple

Ko-fi is better in every way, so many options, way cheaper fees, can even do the subscription thing of Patreon.
But Patreon is more popular, so authors usually go for patreon rather than ko fi because readers are familiar with it. That was like a year or two ago. Not sure if anything changed because I don't keep up with monetization trends.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I use payoneer to withdraw from Patreon. Way less oppressive than paypal. For Ko fi, I think it's either paypal or stripe? Haven't tried ko fi, so no experience with stripe.
Yep. Payooner is wayy better. The only downside is that you can only transfer funds to Payooner when you haev $25+ and you can only transfer funds to your local bank account when you have $50+

Otherwise its fees are way less bullshit than paypal

melchi

What is a custom title?
Paetron is a pain in the butt for written works. For some reason trying to get Google assistant to narrate a chapter on paetron doesn't work because it doesn't recognize the login. The only ones I consider subscription for are ones with epubs. It is kinda a poor fit for authors.

beast_regards

I have Ko-fi, it doesn't have any features other than facilitating the donation so you wouldn't be able to sell advanced chapters (which I don't want to do, so it's fine).

There is an option for writing an article, which I merely used to announce that I want to make my work free for everyone, and donations are entirely voluntary...

...such an announcement seems entirely pointless, and a bad business plan, since it essentially says you don't need to give me money unless you really really want to, but ...

...this is EXACTLY how the Ko-Fi seems to be intended to work since I didn't figure out a way to hide anything behind the paywall. Also, Ko-fi seems to expect me to present visual art, there seems to be a tool for that, rather than writing.

It almost seems that ko-fi is the platform for commission artists who want to present their artwork (i.e. pictures, photos, and so on)

As for money, I kept 8 dollars out of 10 and even then it was held for two weeks by Paypal.