Picking a fanfic setting based on an Essence Cyoa

NonReal

Recently I've wanted to write a fanfic, and since at the time I was reading a novel based on the Essence Cyoa, I've decided to do the same.
Here's a full version of said Cyoa; and here's a simplified compilation that I'm using.
I've decided to randomly roll for essences, and only then pick a setting for the story based on the results. First I rolled 1d6 to decide the number of picked essences and then using the randomizer app, I rolled to decide which ones to pick. Though I skipped all those essences that made the user essentially omnipotent.
As a final result, I ended with three essences.

Essence of the Archmage
By consuming the essence of the Archmage you gain several boons
  • Perfect memory with infinite storage
  • Beyond genius level intellect
  • Capacity to learn any ‘magic’ even unique ones upon seeing it once or understanding enough about it. This also includes things like Ki, Chakra, soul power, etc.
  • Possess a supernatural reactor that can adapt to any supernatural energy to fuel spells, enchantments, powers, etc. this reactor provides a steady supply of power that will grow over time, right now you could use high consumption abilities with wild abandon and still not make much of a dent after a few hours.
  • Can teach others systems even if they previously lacked the capacity.
  • Manipulate entire systems or combine then with experimentation.
  • are capable of casting any spell as long as you have the energy not requiring any extra element like a focus or materials. The time required to cast if any remains however.
Essence of the Adventurer
By consuming the essence of the Adventurer, the eternal wanderer and jack-of-all-trades, you gain the following boons:

• A sound mind in a sound body, ready and fit for adventure. This will maintain undiminished even into old age, although your lifespan will only be mildly enhanced barring further boons from elsewhere.
  • A free, one-time cosmetic body resculpt to your ideal or desired appearance. For some reason adventurers are often good-looking.
  • Immunity to all diseases, immunity to minor health problems, and the ability to consume anything that isn't actually poisonous or indigestible by your metabolism without any problems.
  • Infinite willpower to keep going through any amount of hardship; even bloody and broken you will not stop.
  • Perfect memory with infinite storage.
  • Enhanced learning and development, the ability to go from entirely untrained to having completely maxed out your potential or skill in a much shorter period of time than normal. This applies to anything that you already have the capacity to do or learn that can possibly be advanced by training. Advancement never slows down until or unless you hit a softcap.
  • Skills, stats, and abilities never degrade due to lack of training or the passage of time.
Essence of Jumpchain:

Upon drinking this Essence, you have gained the ability to choose any origin, perk, or item that exists in Jumpchain.

• You have 5000 CP, and you can buy anything in Jumpchain at a discount.
  • Things that cost 100 or less CP are not free and are discounted. Anything that is offered for free cost 100 CP, which is discounted to 50 CP.
  • Getting an origin will not further discount any perks or items that relate to it.
  • You can take any drawbacks up to +2000 CP from any jumps to get more CP, and these drawbacks will disappear after 10 years.
  • You also have the ability to jump to any settings that exist in Jumpchain.

The last one has me completely stuck. After thinking about it a while, I've decided to go through with it, but now I have no idea where to send my adventuring archmage with unlimited possibilities.

Can you think of any settings where those essences would especially shine?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Damn it, I wanted to do another "x is gonna say y" call again, but I forgot who ranted about modern cyoa last time

Yamemai

Damn it, I wanted to do another "x is gonna say y" call again, but I forgot who ranted about modern cyoa last time
Talking about this thread?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Talking about this thread?
Yes

celestialbeing90

Recently I've wanted to write a fanfic, and since at the time I was reading a novel based on the Essence Cyoa, I've decided to do the same.
Here's a full version of said Cyoa; and here's a simplified compilation that I'm using.
I've decided to randomly roll for essences, and only then pick a setting for the story based on the results. First I rolled 1d6 to decide the number of picked essences and then using the randomizer app, I rolled to decide which ones to pick. Though I skipped all those essences that made the user essentially omnipotent.

Essence of the Archmage
  • Capacity to learn any ‘magic’ even unique ones upon seeing it once or understanding enough about it. This also includes things like Ki, Chakra, soul power, etc.
  • Possess a supernatural reactor that can adapt to any supernatural energy to fuel spells, enchantments, powers, etc. this reactor provides a steady supply of power that will grow over time, right now you could use high consumption abilities with wild abandon and still not make much of a dent after a few hours.
  • are capable of casting any spell as long as you have the energy not requiring any extra element like a focus or materials. The time required to cast if any remains however.
By consuming the essence of the Adventurer, the eternal wanderer and jack-of-all-trades, you gain the following boons:

• A sound mind in a sound body, ready and fit for adventure. This will maintain undiminished even into old age, although your lifespan will only be mildly enhanced barring further boons from elsewhere.
  • A free, one-time cosmetic body resculpt to your ideal or desired appearance. For some reason adventurers are often good-looking.
  • Immunity to all diseases, immunity to minor health problems, and the ability to consume anything that isn't actually poisonous or indigestible by your metabolism without any problems.
  • Infinite willpower to keep going through any amount of hardship; even bloody and broken you will not stop.
  • Enhanced learning and development, the ability to go from entirely untrained to having completely maxed out your potential or skill in a much shorter period of time than normal. This applies to anything that you already have the capacity to do or learn that can possibly be advanced by training. Advancement never slows down until or unless you hit a softcap.
  • Skills, stats, and abilities never degrade due to lack of training or the passage of time.
Essence of Jumpchain:

Upon drinking this Essence, you have gained the ability to choose any origin, perk, or item that exists in Jumpchain.

• Things that cost 100 or less CP are not free and are discounted. Anything that is offered for free cost 100 CP, which is discounted to 50 CP.
  • Getting an origin will not further discount any perks or items that relate to it.
  • You can take any drawbacks up to +2000 CP from any jumps to get more CP, and these drawbacks will disappear after 10 years.

The last one has me completely stuck. After thinking about it a while, I've decided to go through with it, but now I have no idea where to send my adventuring archmage with unlimited possibilities.

Essence of the Archmage

Essence of Jumpchain:

make a fandom for any fantasy sword and magic world

celestialbeing90

That means an old dead thread was brought back from the dead. A process I approve. Rather than started a new thread, you use an old one.
thanks for the explain! reading flip the script and not liking the mc the dude just cant get over it! if mc truly thinks himself as a man then stay calm and just suck it up!

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
thanks for the explain! reading flip the script and not liking the mc the dude just cant get over it! if mc truly thinks himself as a man then stay calm and just suck it up!
It gets explained in later chapters. I have the conclusion of that plot point as the end of book 2

celestialbeing90

It gets explained in later chapters. I have the conclusion of that plot point as the end of book 2
thats good and assuring that the story has a sort of clousure! now i can read without worries its very annoying when us readers get hung on the cliff!

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
thats good and assuring that the story has a sort of clousure! now i can read without worries its very annoying when us readers get hung on the cliff!
well, originally it was just a lark. Didn't take it seriously until like... chapter 15. It's a little schizo because of that.