Picking up a story

Dragon

Hello everyone. I am Dragon *Waves.*

I am caught in a dilemma and I hate it.

I was writing True Nobility earlier in the year, but due to circumstances, I am not able to put much time into writing it (And when I do have free time, I find my motivation leading to other things...). It sucks because I had a lot planned for it. I don't want to give any of the details out because I'm paranoid that someon'll just leech off my "hard thinking".

I think having a partner to write it would be so much better than writing it alone. It'd motivate me knowing that someone else is working on it too; I would feel more responsibility to work on it if someone else is expecting my part.

Having a partner would also be nice for direct criticisms and suggestions to plot development.

I don't think I'd be able to spend much time writing, but I could provide my notes and such so I can guide the story while you write.

If anyone is interested in working with me to finish it, It'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
I'm aware that writing the story is a way bulkier job than just the planning. I don't really expect a response to this post.
I just thought I'd make at least a tiny effort to keep the story going because I feel terrible seeing the idea going unfinished.

Scribbler

I think you should find someone with a similar mind/writing style, someone you trust, not just the first random nobody who volunteers.

mrsimple

Writer
Yeah, I'm with Scribbler on this one. Otherwise you might end up with somebody as deviant as me. o_o

Dragon

If I knew people I'd ask 'em. That's why I'm posting it here. Of course I'll determine about whether or not I'd want to work with someone. I'm not silly enough to work with people all willy nilly.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Can you just give an overall summary of what is happening? Just up until the latest release will do.

Dragon

Can you just give an overall summary of what is happening? Just up until the latest release will do.
MC is a the son of the highest ranking noble under the king. He has an easy life. All he needs to worry about is making his parents happy, and his greatest goal is to be a "good person". His parents aren't snobbish nobles, but rather people who truly care about the commoners.

MC wanders into town and meets an older boy, a poor commoner who steals in order to get by. MC's morals are conflicted because a "good person" shouldn't steal, but besides that, the commoner is a pretty nice person to be around. This is the first instance where the MC's morals will be tested, as well as the MC's first introduction to the cruelness of reality.

The commoner boy wants to work for the MC's household in order to escape his life in the slums, and so he can live an honest life. Commoner boy gets beat up by some old acquaintances before help comes to the rescue - MC's butler who uses their noble status to intimidate the commoners.
This was also MC's first introduction to how powerful a person's inherited name and power can be.

From his meeting with the commoner boy, MC realizes how lucky he is to be born into his family when he could have been in the commoner boy's situation instead. MC questions whether or not his view of a "good person" is really the right view.

That's what I wrote so far, and hopefully that was what people who read it got from it too. I haven't introduced the fantasy elements yet.

mrsimple

Writer
This gives me "A Slice of Life" vibe.

If I were the noble MC, the "good" thing to do would be to invest in an effort for more work opportunities by associating with outside enterprises. That way, places like the slums would become less of a flea's bottom with that many more commoners being encouraged to employ themselves. And if travel is an issue, then that there would be another opportunity to investigate.

Again, that would be if I were the MC discovering how to grow up as a morally obligated representative of my family towards the people of this town by improving their lives. :blob_salute: