Privacy popup glitching

Prysmcat

The Uniconsent privacy settings popup keeps appearing. Clicking on the buttons makes it go away but it comes back on the next screen. I am obviously not managing or setting any options.

Using Chrome in Linux and Chrome on an Android phone, but the same thing happened when I tried SH in Firefox (fresh install) before I even logged in. Like, instantly when I loaded the site. Ditto for Chrome in Incognito mode.

I made sure 3rd-party cookies are allowed, in case that's the issue. I turned off my adblocker.

The one other reference I found on here said they deleted all cookies, cache, and browser history to fix it. I am really not happy about a mass blind removal of the login cookies for all the sites I have up in tabs, or losing my browser history where I've been doing story research and often want to backtrack to that-thing-I-saw-earlier. Especially since it might not work, considering the Firefox and Incognito thing.

It is really getting irritating, having it pop up constantly. I don't have a story currently running but I do try to keep an eye out for comments, and forget reading anything under these conditions.

This started on my phone last night and on my desktop this morning. Nothing has changed on either. No updates, nothing. Roommate is ex-tech-support and we went through all the basics.

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Are you using no-script or anything like that?

Prysmcat

Are you using no-script or anything like that?
Nope. An ad-blocker aside, I don't have many extensions installed, and none should be relevant (eg, a gmail checker). And no changes, additions, removals, or (as far as I know) even updates recently.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Any VPNs which you could be behind and be doing things about cookies?

Prysmcat

No VPN. And it happens on both household wifi and when I switch my phone to data.