Pro Tip: AI Assisted Glossary

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
HI Ho KEEDS!

Do you know that most writers ignore the glossary section of their books?

Well, how often do people read those things anyways? Well, if you are looking to take your writing to the next level, it pays to do that, especially for you guys out there with MONSTER SIZED books that people are intimidated to start because the word count is in the size of the unholy offspring of WAR AND PEACE and INFINITE JEST.

However, isn't it just one more chore?

Well, Allow me to direct you to two AIs I have recently been brought to my attention.

Most of you already know this one. It gives you anime-style headshots. Great for having a headshot in your glossary that is simple, consistent, and helps to give a new reader a visual aid for what the character looks like. Minutes to learn, years to master, I highly recommend it for a quick and dirty picture of your character that won't embarrass you.

Limited use, you only have so many tokens per day. I don't recommend it for general use, because if you want it for heavy-duty proof reading, there are better sites. But what Claude excels at is NUMBER CRUNCHING.

I fed it in a text copy of Flip The Script. I had to pair it down due to character limit, but I still got in 60% of Book one, so I guess the limit is around 50k words. I typed, "Give me a character profile of Toshi."

Based on the story, here is a character profile for Toshi:

Toshi Kimoto
- 16 years old
- Student at Roshi Senior High School
- Originally went to Nagasee High School before transferring
- Lost his memory due to an allergic reaction to the drug ViHypnol which was used to rape him
- Was a famous J-pop star named Honey Whitefox before the incident
- Known for his kind, guileless charm and willingness to help others
- Handsome with a beautiful, angelic face
- Protective of his friends and sister Hinako
- Standoffish about physical contact due to trauma
- Skilled at video games and tactics
- Wealthy from insurance payout after his assault
- Forgiving even towards those who have wronged him like his ex-girlfriend Takara
- Moral and ethical even in difficult situations
- Occasionally says strange things indicative of his lost memories and trauma
- Cares deeply for his family despite complicated relationships
- Romantically involved with Naora, a member of a crime family
- Seems to have some kind of magical abilities or connection to strange events

In summary, Toshi is a morally driven, charming teenager struggling to rebuild his life and identity after profound trauma, exhibiting both innocence and wisdom. His empathy and strong sense of justice make him a beloved yet controversial figure.

Then went to Chat GPT, fed it that and said, "Rewrite this without bullet points as something to put in a glossary"

Toshi Kimoto, the central character in our story, is a 16-year-old student at Roshi Senior High School. He initially attended Nagasee High School before transferring for undisclosed reasons.

Before his life took a dramatic turn, Toshi was a renowned J-pop star who went by the name Honey Whitefox. People knew him for his genuine charm, kind-hearted nature, and his willingness to lend a hand to those in need. Not to mention, he's a real head-turner with his striking, angelic looks.

Toshi's protective instincts extend to his friends and his younger sister, Hinako, whom he cares for deeply. Unfortunately, due to the traumatic events he's been through, he's become quite standoffish about physical contact.

When it comes to his hobbies, Toshi is quite the video game enthusiast and a strategic thinker. He excels in video games and tactical planning.

His financial situation is relatively comfortable, thanks to an insurance payout he received after being assaulted. What's remarkable about Toshi is his capacity for forgiveness, even towards those who've wronged him, like his ex-girlfriend, Takara.

Morality and ethics are deeply ingrained in Toshi's character, and he holds onto these principles steadfastly, even in the face of challenging situations. Sometimes, he utters cryptic statements that hint at his lost memories and the trauma he's endured.

Family is a top priority for Toshi, and he's devoted to his loved ones, even if his relationships with them are complicated. In the romance department, he's involved with Naora, who happens to be a member of a crime family, adding an intriguing twist to his story.

But there's one more layer to Toshi's character – he appears to possess some kind of magical abilities or has a mysterious connection to strange events. In essence, Toshi is a morally-driven, charismatic teenager who's on a journey to rebuild his life and identity after facing profound trauma. He embodies a unique blend of innocence and wisdom, making him a figure who's both adored and debated over, thanks to his deep empathy and unwavering commitment to justice.

Is it on the money?

Damn Close.

Now I already wrote my glossary, so it isn't much help to me, but then I typed into Claude, "Give me a list of all the named characters."

Here is a list of named characters from the story:

Toshi Kimoto - protagonist
Hinako Kimoto - Toshi's sister
Hirofumi Kimoto - Toshi's father
Asuka Kimoto - Toshi's mother
Kimi Kimoto - Toshi's deceased older sister
Kenko - Toshi's friend
Ruri - Toshi's friend
Naora Terauchi - Toshi's love interest
Kagi - Naora's bodyguard
Midori - Naora's other bodyguard
Takara Jin - Toshi's ex-girlfriend
Kishi Cho - Toshi's other ex-girlfriend
Shizuya - Naora's grandmother and head of the Terauchi crime family
Mirai - Toshi's childhood love interest
Abi - Hinako's friend
Madoka - Hinako's friend
Mieko - Hinako's quiet friend
Kyoko - Member of Toshi's computer club
Momoko - Member of Toshi's computer club
Shiori - Member of Toshi's computer club
Choko - Member of Toshi's computer club
Officer Shido Montaro - Investigating Toshi's shooting
Detective Toku Ito - Also investigating Toshi's shooting
Dr. Waki Taro - Toshi's therapist
God/Old Man - Divine being connected to Toshi
First - God's archangel
Sebas - Servant to Ichiro Oh
Ichiro Oh - Toshi's cousin
Gen Terauchi - Rival to Naora in the Terauchi crime family

Would you believe I forgot a few of these? Kishi Cho. I totally forgot about her and the plotline I had written about her.

Now, it screwed up. Ichiro Oh is Oh Ichiro, but you know what? It's DAMN CLOSE.

I have to find the time to do this, but at some point, I need to go back and update my Glossary, and I don't think it'll take long. maybe a good afternoon or two.

My point is that Spit and Polish on a story can take it from a 3.5 star to a 4. A good glossary can convince one more person to read it, and it won't take but a few hours and some grinding to get it done.

Hope this helps.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
HI Ho KEEDS!

Well, how often do people read those things anyways? Well, if you are looking to take your writing to the next level, it pays to do that, especially for you guys out there with MONSTER SIZED books that people are intimidated to start because the word count is in the size of the unholy offspring of WAR AND PEACE and INFINITE JEST.

Well, Allow me to direct you to two AIs I have recently been brought to my attention.

Most of you already know this one. It gives you anime-style headshots. Great for having a headshot in your glossary that is simple, consistent, and helps to give a new reader a visual aid for what the character looks like. Minutes to learn, years to master, I highly recommend it for a quick and dirty picture of your character that won't embarrass you.

Limited use, you only have so many tokens per day. I don't recommend it for general use, because if you want it for heavy-duty proof reading, there are better sites. But what Claude excels at is NUMBER CRUNCHING.

I fed it in a text copy of Flip The Script. I had to pair it down due to character limit, but I still got in 60% of Book one, so I guess the limit is around 50k words. I typed, "Give me a character profile of Toshi."

Toshi Kimoto
- 16 years old
- Lost his memory due to an allergic reaction to the drug ViHypnol which was used to rape him
- Forgiving even towards those who have wronged him like his ex-girlfriend Takara

In summary, Toshi is a morally driven, charming teenager struggling to rebuild his life and identity after profound trauma, exhibiting both innocence and wisdom. His empathy and strong sense of justice make him a beloved yet controversial figure.

Then went to Chat GPT, fed it that and said, "Rewrite this without bullet points as something to put in a glossary"

Toshi Kimoto, the central character in our story, is a 16-year-old student at Roshi Senior High School. He initially attended Nagasee High School before transferring for undisclosed reasons.

Before his life took a dramatic turn, Toshi was a renowned J-pop star who went by the name Honey Whitefox. People knew him for his genuine charm, kind-hearted nature, and his willingness to lend a hand to those in need. Not to mention, he's a real head-turner with his striking, angelic looks.

Toshi's protective instincts extend to his friends and his younger sister, Hinako, whom he cares for deeply. Unfortunately, due to the traumatic events he's been through, he's become quite standoffish about physical contact.

When it comes to his hobbies, Toshi is quite the video game enthusiast and a strategic thinker. He excels in video games and tactical planning.

His financial situation is relatively comfortable, thanks to an insurance payout he received after being assaulted. What's remarkable about Toshi is his capacity for forgiveness, even towards those who've wronged him, like his ex-girlfriend, Takara.

Morality and ethics are deeply ingrained in Toshi's character, and he holds onto these principles steadfastly, even in the face of challenging situations. Sometimes, he utters cryptic statements that hint at his lost memories and the trauma he's endured.

Family is a top priority for Toshi, and he's devoted to his loved ones, even if his relationships with them are complicated. In the romance department, he's involved with Naora, who happens to be a member of a crime family, adding an intriguing twist to his story.

But there's one more layer to Toshi's character – he appears to possess some kind of magical abilities or has a mysterious connection to strange events. In essence, Toshi is a morally-driven, charismatic teenager who's on a journey to rebuild his life and identity after facing profound trauma. He embodies a unique blend of innocence and wisdom, making him a figure who's both adored and debated over, thanks to his deep empathy and unwavering commitment to justice.

Is it on the money?

Damn Close.

Now I already wrote my glossary, so it isn't much help to me, but then I typed into Claude, "Give me a list of all the named characters."

Kenko - Toshi's friend
Ruri - Toshi's friend
Kagi - Naora's bodyguard
Abi - Hinako's friend
Madoka - Hinako's friend
First - God's archangel

Would you believe I forgot a few of these? Kishi Cho. I totally forgot about her and the plotline I had written about her.

I have to find the time to do this, but at some point, I need to go back and update my Glossary, and I don't think it'll take long. maybe a good afternoon or two.

My point is that Spit and Polish on a story can take it from a 3.5 star to a 4. A good glossary can convince one more person to read it, and it won't take but a few hours and some grinding to get it done.

Hope this helps.
I have no idea what heinous literary crimes you must commit to get a 3.5 star on scribble.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
HI Ho KEEDS!

Toshi Kimoto
- 16 years old

Is it on the money?

Damn Close.

Kenko - Toshi's friend
Ruri - Toshi's friend
Kagi - Naora's bodyguard
Abi - Hinako's friend
Madoka - Hinako's friend
First - God's archangel

Hope this helps.
I would like to say that I really appreciate when authors make a glossary. You should check out the glossary chapter of @Syringe novel: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/52...ai-litrpg-gender-bender-story/chapter/538244/

ForestDweller

Wish I can do this but my story is over a million words long lul.

That and it has ecchi stuff in it which the AI won't like.

Hate how all AIs are censored as all hell.

TheEldritchGod

Wish I can do this but my story is over a million words long lul.

That and it has ecchi stuff in it which the AI won't like.

Hate how all AIs are censored as all hell.
Claude doesn't seem to care about that when writing the summary. It didn't care that I had my MC date raped. And You can break it up into chunks. That's what I've been doing HKN is about 300k.
And if the censoring is a problem, just pay for the service. 12 bucks a month ain't that much.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
In really impressed claude seems a lot better than chst gpt. And chat gpt has a small word count do it must have been annoying to put your story there

TheEldritchGod

In really impressed claude seems a lot better than chst gpt. And chat gpt has a small word count do it must have been annoying to put your story there
I only use Chat GPT for proof reading/thesaurus. So I only feed it one paragraph at a time, and not ll the paragraphs. Just the ones that seem awkward.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Damn, I wanted to try the Claude, but my country is missing in the "verify using phone" section. The fuck?

ForestDweller

Claude doesn't seem to care about that when writing the summary. It didn't care that I had my MC date raped. And You can break it up into chunks. That's what I've been doing HKN is about 300k.
And if the censoring is a problem, just pay for the service. 12 bucks a month ain't that much.

Isn't the premium version still censored?

melchi

What is a custom title?
Based on the document, the key named characters are:
Alex: The protagonist. He is a lumberjack from another world who is summoned by the goddess Luna to defeat the Demon Queen. His class is "Magical Girl" which causes some tension. Over the course of the story, he befriends Fufi and Merumeru.
Fufi: A flamingo who forms a contract with Alex. She serves as his familiar and guide in this new magical world.
Merumeru: A young slime girl that Alex rescues. She has powers over water and pipes. She joins Alex's party along with his clockwork dolls.
Luna: The goddess of cuteness who summons Alex to this world and charges him with defeating the Demon Queen.
Lily, Rose, Edelweiss: Alex's clockwork dolls that he animates to help defend in a tower defense game dungeon.
Demon Queen: The main antagonist that Alex has been summoned to defeat. Not much is revealed about her.
Bob and Martha: An elderly farming couple that take in Alex, Fufi and Merumeru for a time when they are fleeing from barbarians.

then doing it for the next bit.
  • Alex: The main character, described as a magical girl with skills in cleaning, cooking, toymaking, tailoring, etc. Transformed from a human male into an apple nymph at one point.
  • Merumeru: A slime girl who is skilled at plumbing. Helps build things like wells and pipes.
  • Fufi: Alex's familiar, a pink flamingo. Gives Alex advice on being a magical girl.
  • Martha & Bob: A farmer couple who take in Alex, Merumeru and Fufi. Help them with various projects.
  • Kaide: Originally a farm boy named Kyle, transformed into an aspen nymph named Kaide. Regains memories of being human later on.
  • Sakura: A powerful dryad and magical girl who rules a forest domain. Transforms humans into nymphs without consent.
  • Luna: A goddess who oversees magical girls. Punishes Sakura for her misdeeds.
  • Ki: A nymph who was formerly a baron's daughter. Helps negotiate with a tribe.
  • Kaede: Another nymph who tries to lure Alex into the forest.
text_flip_the_script_two_people_side_view_he.jpg

text_flip_the_script_two_people_side_view_.jpg

text_flip_the_script_two_people_side_view_(1).jpg

Last edited: