Published chapter different from draft?

ACNP000

I'm new to Scribblehub and have been uploading my novel one chapter at a time as a series, but in reading through the published versions and double checking how they look in the draft form I've found there's more newlines/carriage returns in the published version than as a draft.

I'm using my phone's browser to post and haven't seen the proper desktop version of the webpage, but has anyone else encountered this issue? It's making it hard to read my own work with what amounts to random newlines.

J_Chemist

For clarification and because I'm a bit 'tistic- do you mean there are additional spaces between your paragraphs?

prognastat

I'm not exactly sure wht you are talking about, but I will say SH defaults to paragraph breaks rather than line breaks when you press return/enter.(As do most novel websites) If you want a line break rather than a paragraph break hold shift + enter/return when using a PC/Mac. Don't know how you do the same on mobile though.

If this isn't what you are talking about possibly including a screenshot of what you are talking about can help us determine what you mean.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I just checked your story, yeah this is a software issue. Either the app you used to write or the browser app.

ACNP000

I just checked your story, yeah this is a software issue. Either the app you used to write or the browser app.
I just copy and paste from Word, and it looks normal in the edit view on Scribblehub.

ACNP000

Try paste and match style (Ctrl + Shift + V) when pasting to see if that fixes the problem.
I wonder if there's a way to do that on phone. It just gives me the regular Paste option in the contextual menu.

prognastat

Honestly, no clue. I tend to write on desktop and when I do write from mobile I tend to do so directly into the website no copy pasting involved.

Jay_stylez

Hey I see your story every once in a while and I wanted to asked if your story has romance in it, I like female protagonist, but not ones who date man, and I see your work isn't girl's love, so I'm hoping she doesn't date man either.
I'm new to Scribblehub and have been uploading my novel one chapter at a time as a series, but in reading through the published versions and double checking how they look in the draft form I've found there's more newlines/carriage returns in the published version than as a draft.

I'm using my phone's browser to post and haven't seen the proper desktop version of the webpage, but has anyone else encountered this issue? It's making it hard to read my own work with what amounts to random newlines.
Yeah took a look at your story and, your write that is strange, you should maby try fixing it on another device if you can, because this is most likely do to you writing it on your phone.

Last edited:

HungrySheep

I like yuri
This used to happen to me when I copy-pasted off my doc too. I think it has something to do with the formatting or text styling since that seems to carry over.

ACNP000

I think I found a way to fix it. If I justify the text, the error seems to go away.

Also,
Yeah took a look at your story and, your write that is strange, you should maby try fixing it on another device if you can, because this is most likely do to you writing it on your phone.
It gets less strange. The prologue builds the world first and that's just going to be a commonality between this and texts in the same universe.

Edit:
Nope. That didn't actually fix it. I think it's just the fact that I'm posting on mobile. :/

Last edited: