Question regarding a few tags

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
So, I just had a few questions regarding a handful of tags.

First off, Scribblehub has it clearly state in their ToS that smut is allowed, but at the same time, incest, loli/shota, etc aren't allowed (user content may not contain content that is illegal). but tags exist for all these. is this to say that they ARE allowed, as long as they're not in the smut genre? Or am i missing something here?

Secondly, regarding the Racism tag. Generally, racism would be hatred towards another solely on the basis of their race. in fantasy, race isn't so much skin color as the species (such as dragonkin, beastkin, human, elf, etc). so, would the racism tag work for a story where the primary antagonist (literally a whole country, represented by a handful of high ranking individuals) hate all dragons and dragonkin simply for the fact that they're dragon-related?

SailusGebel

So, I just had a few questions regarding a handful of tags.

First off, Scribblehub has it clearly state in their ToS that smut is allowed, but at the same time, incest, loli/shota, etc aren't allowed (user content may not contain content that is illegal). but tags exist for all these. is this to say that they ARE allowed, as long as they're not in the smut genre? Or am i missing something here?
Yes. You can use shota and loli without smut. More than that, I think you can bypass age of consent if you don't write sex scenes. Writing "They spent the night together" is okay if I remember everything correctly.
Secondly, regarding the Racism tag. Generally, racism would be hatred towards another solely on the basis of their race. in fantasy, race isn't so much skin color as the species (such as dragonkin, beastkin, human, elf, etc). so, would the racism tag work for a story where the primary antagonist (literally a whole country, represented by a handful of high ranking individuals) hate all dragons and dragonkin simply for the fact that they're dragon-related?
If a whole country hates dragons, yes.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I believe it means no explicit incest scenes. It can be implied, but not shown. Loli/shota tags probably just are there to tell the audience there's a shota or Loli.

As for question 2, yes, it would get the point across. Technically, I believe a more correct term would be xenophobia.

John_Owl

I believe it means no explicit incest scenes. It can be implied, but not shown. Loli/shota tags probably just are there to tell the audience there's a shota or Loli.

As for question 2, yes, it would get the point across. Technically, I believe a more correct term would be xenophobia.
that makes sense, and was kinda what i figured. and I didn't see a xenophobia tag, so i went with racism. I'll double check, just in case i missed it. thanks.

Yes. You can use shota and loli without smut. More than that, I think you can bypass age of consent if you don't write sex scenes. Writing "They spent the night together" is okay if I remember everything correctly.
I do agree that i could bypass the whole thing, but smut is kinda my primary attraction for readers at the moment. I've been actively uploading for 1-2 months, and I'm already far bigger (haha, me? big? nah...) than i was when i was writing straightforward fantasy under a separate penname, and i'd been at THAT for a year, and my highest was a grand total of 1 follower and 3 readers. granted this was on Tapas and RR, but still. now, i'm at 10 followers and i average around 50-60 reads per chapter.

but my ultimate goal is to just write unrestricted. plain fantasy with sex scenes where they make sense, instead of the bullcrap censorship that required to publish with large firms like Wizards or Penguin.

SailusGebel

but my ultimate goal is to just write unrestricted. plain fantasy with sex scenes where they make sense, instead of the bullcrap censorship that required to publish with large firms like Wizards or Penguin.
Respect. :blob_salute:
I do agree that i could bypass the whole thing, but smut is kinda my primary attraction for readers at the moment.
I was talking about avoiding smut between people who didn't reach the age of consent. I think you can write a full-blown sex scene between, for example, a twenty year old man and a twenty year old woman. And at the same time in the same novel you can write that two teenagers spent the night together without describing details. I'm not sure about this though.

John_Owl

I was talking about avoiding smut between people who didn't reach the age of consent. I think you can write a full-blown sex scene between, for example, a twenty year old man and a twenty year old woman. And at the same time in the same novel you can write that two teenagers spent the night together without describing details. I'm not sure about this though.
my current run is already walking a line with 3 protags aged 16-18, with smut scenes between adults elsewhere in the world (and usually in flashbacks). so pressing my luck by implying a 'relationship' between underage individuals likely wouldn't be a step I'd want to take, but i do appreciate the suggestion.

All that said, my primary purpose in asking wasn't a desire to write underage characters in smut, but moreso just for clarification.

Molenlemon

Im quite new at this site, could you tell me what regulations do this site impose at works that uploaded here?

John_Owl

Im quite new at this site, could you tell me what regulations do this site impose at works that uploaded here?

The Terms of Service. Scroll down to "User Content". It's a list of things you can't post. The most important part is anything illegal. It goes by U.S. laws, I believe. so if the existence of something is illegal, such as smut containing loli or shota, then it's not allowed and if found will be taken down.