Reactions

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Can there be more reactions on SH and not only likes? Kinda like on here.... I don't think that there are any other reacts except likes....

It would allow for better communication between users. For example, when I don't have time to write a reply back to a reader, I usually like. But that doesn't always work out, because the content of the comment may be something sad, and reacting to it with a like probably isn't the best thing to do....

Just me and my random babbling....

D

Deleted member 49654

Can there be more reactions on SH and not only likes? Kinda like on here.... I don't think that there are any other reacts except likes....

It would allow for better communication between users. For example, when I don't have time to write a reply back to a reader, I usually like. But that doesn't always work out, because the content of the comment may be something sad, and reacting to it with a like probably isn't the best thing to do....

Just me and my random babbling....
You don't have time to reply?... Looking at your forum activity. Staring back at you with amusement in his eyes.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
You don't have time to reply?... Looking at your forum activity. Staring back at you with amusement in his eyes.
I get what they're saying, it's hard at times to want to interrupt the flow of reading to comment. If you could just drop a reaction on a chapter it could be nice.

D

Deleted member 49654

I get what they're saying, it's hard at times to want to interrupt the flow of reading to comment. If you could just drop a reaction on a chapter it could be nice.
Nah, I don't think so. I like the current system. Adding more options will only make things messy and nasty. Expressing your appreciation is easy right now, and displaying your hate should not be simplified. If you don't like the work, then don't read it.

Reacting to a comment posted by a reader:
1) If you are lazy/don't have time, just type an emote.
2) If you want to interact more with your readers, then take your time and write a full reply.

Reacting to a chapter/novel you are reading:
1) If you like the chapter but you are lazy, you can click favourites or bookmark it.
2) If you enjoy the chapter and you have time, you can always comment, rate, or write a review.

hauntedwritings

The post above states most of what could be said.
I think liking is simply the way that you agree(/approve) with what is said and have nothing more to add. Not necessarily that you feel joy at the content of the message.

In your chapters, you can use author's notes and polls to try to encourage conversation and discussion in the comments for your chapters. However, they aren't exactly a discussion forum either. Writing isn't something like streaming, where you get constant input from your readers. Your readers are there for your content, not to have a discussion with you (yes, that was an innuendo).

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't think there is much point in other reacts... Personally speaking, I count all reacts in the forums as likes, like... I just don't pay any attention to them at all, they all feel the same to me.

So... Adding new reacts feels pretty pointless.