Regression And reincarnation manhwa is Actually dark

IshiharaNiaoka

I heard alot about how the mc of jobless reincarnation is a p since he's a 40 year old man who was reborn as a kid.
Sounds reasonable but when I thought more about it the more weird it became

All the fl manhwas I've read who died at 30 or twenty and we're reborn at 6-10 and like the young male ml? Sounds sus

They are mentally 20 - 30 years old and the new ml is just a kid so doesn't that also make them a p? Because their mind didn't regress back to a child. They didn't loose their memories but no one calls them out for it. And if they grow back up to their former age 20, they are like 50 mentally and the ml like 20? 🌚lol

But when I think about it more deeply
If the fl went back in time, didn't everyone else go back in time?
Aren't they all older mentally?
Like people are older mentally they just don't have the info of their past life, like the mcs.

My brain doesn't understand
If man 40 and woman 20 it's bad

But if woman 40 and man 20 it's good

Huh

This is just my brain overthinking

Last edited:

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Ever heard of parallel universes?
This is the theory that most people are using to explain this "regression".

IshiharaNiaoka

Ever heard of parallel universes?
This is the theory that most people are using to explain this "regression".
They mostly dont explain it well.in the end the fl has all the memories from her past one or two lives

Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Physical age is the only thing that matters.

TsumiHokiro

They mostly dont explain it well.in the end the fl has all the memories from her past one or two lives
From the few stories I've read (which in fact, aren't that few, must be several tens, if not hundreds.) people always just skip the explanation, but they usually go like this: (this applies to both Isekai and reincarnation novels)
1 - You keep your memories because of "soul";
2 - You go along with your whole body;
So, most of the time, your memories are not kept inside your body, but instead in this thing called "Soul". Whatever that is.
As for the "what is up with your weird behaviour" thing, indeed, most stories don't even bother trying to explain. But I have noticed that recently there has been a trend for stories to try to explore the other world memory as more and more people just can't swallow this "why the heck does no one notices that I have otherworldly knowledge" thing...
That, however, does not mean you will still not find stories that just do not even attempt to hide any case of this. In fact, it is part of the dream of you being transported to another world and no one ever bothering you with your otherworldly knowledge!
If you start to question what could be wrong in this situation, you would end up with so many questions that I have a few to present to you:
1 - Why do they always understand each other? (Language Conjak)
2 - How come other worlds, regardless of technological development, have the same morals as we have here in our present time? (Morals have changed greatly throughout history, not to mention in places!)
3 - How come our MC always ends up finding witty ways of using earthly knowledge, but does not end up raising suspicions and in a torture chamber for that same knowledge? (That's what has happened most often to people who knew too much in human history.)

IshiharaNiaoka

Physical age is the only thing that matters.
I see I see
From the few stories I've read (which in fact, aren't that few, must be several tens, if not hundreds.) people always just skip the explanation, but they usually go like this: (this applies to both Isekai and reincarnation novels)
1 - You keep your memories because of "soul";
2 - You go along with your whole body;
So, most of the time, your memories are not kept inside your body, but instead in this thing called "Soul". Whatever that is.
As for the "what is up with your weird behaviour" thing, indeed, most stories don't even bother trying to explain. But I have noticed that recently there has been a trend for stories to try to explore the other world memory as more and more people just can't swallow this "why the heck does no one notices that I have otherworldly knowledge" thing...
That, however, does not mean you will still not find stories that just do not even attempt to hide any case of this. In fact, it is part of the dream of you being transported to another world and no one ever bothering you with your otherworldly knowledge!
If you start to question what could be wrong in this situation, you would end up with so many questions that I have a few to present to you:
1 - Why do they always understand each other? (Magic Conjak)
2 - How come other worlds, regardless of technological development, have the same morals as we have here in our present time? (Morals have changed greatly throughout history, not to mention in places!)
3 - How come our MC always ends up finding witty ways of using earthly knowledge, but does not end up raising suspicions and in a torture chamber for that same knowledge? (That's what has happened most often to people who knew too much in human history.)
Yooo so true. I heard in the ancient times one would be seen as a witch a threat for things those smarter weren't aware off.

I guess overthinking this would just make me loose braincells for all those manhwas I've read

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Nah, you're totally right. If a male MC does something bad it's bad. But if a female MC does the same bad it's totally alright since she's a girl and girls are either allowed to commit every atrocity on the planet because 'em tiddies and va-goo or because she's female, so of course she doesn't know better! /serioussarcasmasinsarcasticsarcasmnotbeingseriousandsarcastic

It's just different demographics and fandoms having different opinions on what is considered "barely legal". If you ask the typical harem fan then of course it's okay to passionately ravage a little boy/girl since that's the kind of story they want.

But yeah, most stories just skip it or make a few jokes about it at the start and that's it. Mind/Soul vs. Body is a theme that almost never gets screentime. I think I only read like one or two stories where the reincarnated and/or regressed character actually got influenced by stuff like hormones or his mind not yet being matured enough.

IshiharaNiaoka

Nah, you're totally right. If a male MC does something bad it's bad. But if a female MC does the same bad it's totally alright since she's a girl and girls are either allowed to commit every atrocity on the planet because 'em tiddies and va-goo or because she's female, so of course she doesn't know better! /serioussarcasmasinsarcasticsarcasmnotbeingseriousandsarcastic

It's just different demographics and fandoms having different opinions on what is considered "barely legal". If you ask the typical harem fan then of course it's okay to passionately ravage a little boy/girl since that's the kind of story they want.

But yeah, most stories just skip it or make a few jokes about it at the start and that's it. Mind/Soul vs. Body is a theme that almost never gets screentime. I think I only read like one or two stories where the reincarnated and/or regressed character actually got influenced by stuff like hormones or his mind not yet being matured enough.
This is honestly true. I remember reading a story where the fl forced the ml and then saying he was resisting a bit and it was some girl boss moment.
Like nah this girl just tryna sa them and since she's so beautiful they give in. She didn't even ask for permission. Always those smut reverse harem. Some consent would be nice at times.🥲 But I didn't know what to espect

TsumiHokiro

I see I see

Yooo so true. I heard in the ancient times one would be seen as a witch a threat for things those smarter weren't aware off.

I guess overthinking this would just make me loose braincells for all those manhwas I've read
It is not overthinking, you are just noticing what people are using as narrative devices, tropes, to tell a story.
If you don't suspend your beliefs, you will end up not being able to read anything at all. A good story has to be able to be consistent, and so long an author does not break their own stories logic, you probably would never mind suspending your beliefs for a moment of distraction.

But if you are going to analyse stories, a bunch of them, you start noticing that things are not always so nice and clean like that. Your beliefs can't be suspended in that case, and what could have been a nice moment of distraction, turns, many a time, into a house of horrors... and you start asking yourself, "how was I able to read this?"

IshiharaNiaoka

It is not overthinking, you are just noticing what people are using as narrative devices, tropes, to tell a story.
If you don't suspend your beliefs, you will end up not being able to read anything at all. A good story has to be able to be consistent, and so long an author does not break their own stories logic, you probably would never mind suspending your beliefs for a moment of distraction.

But if you are going to analyse stories, a bunch of them, you start noticing that things are not always so nice and clean like that. Your beliefs can't be suspended in that case, and what could have been a nice moment of distraction, turns, many a time, into a house of horrors... and you start asking yourself, "how was I able to read this?"
Yes. And the more questions I ask the more I get confused. So in the end I turn my brain off for the story. Because I have numerous questions on so many stories I've read. The government planning was terrible in alot of them. Like how much do they think the government would be ignorant on some cases.

Just recently I was even reading one called jungle juice. And some secret organization protects people who had been turned into insect halflings by some repellent.

But so many questions. The author ignored the fact that the government would be aware of such a case. And saying they cleared their tracks. Trying to say the government lacks hackers 🌚or something. Investigators. Lol

What's more why is it only happening in Korea? There would obviously be one person who took the repellent with them to another country. With all the people missing, shouldn't korea be in a national crises.

The author giving a escuse people won't care of they go missing. Bro like 4k people are missing the government would be panicking. But yeah yeet logic out the window

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Most regression stories just talk about the mind and not the body, while in reality, it's the body who influence urges and attractions. If taken into consideration, it's normal for a little boy body to be attracted toward a little girl body.

On another note, the mc on mushoku tensei are not really a p, sure he see them as beautiful when they little and though about how they will be in the future. He never touch one before they adult in this world, his first time was even older than him physically. The only exception would be roxy if you didn't take into consideration that she 60years old and the specificity of her race.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
To be honest, I'm fine with the body being part of what they are attracted to, because in the end, they are children and probably shouldn't be together with an adult. About Mushoku Tensei: I have never seen him that way either. He is indeed a little pervert, but that goes without saying.

What I must say though, there's like... A boatload of things you see time and time again in many of these stories. So many things I feel are never explained, which readers would, at some point, just accept, because otherwise there's barely anything one could read.
Funnily enough, when I recently started my own Transmigration (prota dies and takes over a body in another world), while plotting I vowed to myself to answer every single question that has ever bothered me in other stories (at least if the topic comes up at all).
Things like: Why are the worlds so samey, if different? Why was there a book with the story in their old world? Why does prota understand language (though that's mostly because samey language and physical memory)? Why is a dead body revived, just because someone else took it over? Why the soul swap in the first place? Why is the answer "I read about it in a book" a universal go to answer, that nobody ever questions?
This and many more are usually quiet unexplained. It's a bit triggering.

Tsuru

Robot
I heard alot about how the mc of jobless reincarnation is a p since he's a 40 year old man who was reborn as a kid.
Sounds reasonable but when I thought more about it the more weird it became

All the fl manhwas I've read who died at 30 or twenty and we're reborn at 6-10 and like the young male ml? Sounds sus

They are mentally 20 - 30 years old and the new ml is just a kid so doesn't that also make them a p? Because their mind didn't regress back to a child. They didn't loose their memories but no one calls them out for it. And if they grow back up to their former age 20, they are like 50 mentally and the ml like 20? 🌚lol

But when I think about it more deeply
If the fl went back in time, didn't everyone else go back in time?
Aren't they all older mentally?
Like people are older mentally they just don't have the info of their past life, like the mcs.

My brain doesn't understand
If man 40 and woman 20 it's bad

But if woman 40 and man 20 it's good

Huh

This is just my brain overthinking
Your question

is same logic that the law (not a joke) :
Female being raped is punished but male-raped is "morally debatable and not punished"
Or "why do female models get more money compared to male models?"
--------------
Also p
isnt about mental

Its a question of biology/law

A 18y/o that just celebrated anniversary and f his girlfriend 17y old, its technically p
but in fact its not
----------------------------------------
Also p
if you like a younger person, but you can wait legal age for them. Its not really p
Its just a question of HOW BIG THE DIFFERENCE OF AGE

A 99y wait 1 year for 17->18 girl. IT IS p
But a 21y old WOMAN wait 3years for 15->18 boy IT IS NOT p
but more like age gap

P
in the end, is just the law term for people that have sexual relations with a under age

ps (anecdote) : yeaaaaaaaars ago, on sankakucomplex, a young female yuri author dated a highschooler girl fan that pursued her. Parents sued her for p but more like probably offended by gayness (as it was quite frowned upon at that time). Forgot what was verdict but she defended "our relationship is platonic/just touched hands". Its sad to think that if it happened in 2023, the court probably wouldnt give a f to it.

--------------------------------------
EDIT joke : Think more logically in the calm or simply turn off your brain. Bc then you will overload
when you think of xianxia with MILLION YEARS man dating HUNDREDS years GIRL
or SHORTACKS women dating normal men is it p
or what about 1m60 women with 2.10 giant men
is it incest the feelings that a dad feel unhappy a man date his daughter
is an immortal forever a p when living long enough
etcccccc

Last edited:

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
Your question

is same logic that the law (not a joke) :
Female being raped is punished but male-raped is "morally debatable and not punished"
Or "why do female models get more money compared to male models?"
--------------
Also p
isnt about mental

Its a question of biology/law

A 18y/o that just celebrated anniversary and f his girlfriend 17y old, its technically p
but in fact its not
----------------------------------------
Also p
if you like a younger person, but you can wait legal age for them. Its not really p
Its just a question of HOW BIG THE DIFFERENCE OF AGE

A 99y wait 1 year for 17->18 girl. IT IS p
But a 21y old WOMAN wait 3years for 15->18 boy IT IS NOT p
but more like age gap

P
in the end, is just the law term for people that have sexual relations with a under age

ps (anecdote) : yeaaaaaaaars ago, on sankakucomplex, a young female yuri author dated a highschooler girl fan that pursued her. Parents sued her for p but more like probably offended by gayness (as it was quite frowned upon at that time). Forgot what was verdict but she defended "our relationship is platonic/just touched hands". Its sad to think that if it happened in 2023, the court probably wouldnt give a f to it.

--------------------------------------
EDIT joke : Think more logically in the calm or simply turn off your brain. Bc then you will overload
when you think of xianxia with MILLION YEARS man dating HUNDREDS years GIRL
or SHORTACKS women dating normal men is it p
or what about 1m60 women with 2.10 giant men
is it incest the feelings that a dad feel unhappy a man date his daughter
is an immortal forever a p when living long enough
etcccccc
Incest, huh