Reincarnated to another world, but...

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
prompt
imagine you wrote an isekai novel, your MC is a reincarnated person whose still having memory from earth (a common trope. any kind of world setting is fine).

but then, for some reason. you got found out! there's an irrefutable evidence that you're a reincarnated person and people around you comes to know that, and you have no chance to denied it off anymore.

task
now, if you're the one who made the story, what would happened to the MC after they got found out to be a reincarnated person.

-----------edit---

THIS IS A WRITING PROMPT YOU SHIT HEAD, NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD.

Last edited:

IanWhite2105

Depends on the setting I guess. It could go basically any direction in most settings. Are they in a renaissance era civilization? Is a post-apocalyptic world? Is there a widespread religious sect? Does that sect believe that they were given knowledge to help the world or to destroy it? Do any high ranking government officials want their knowledge? Are the officials authoritarian, pragmatic, idealistic, etc...? Is said knowledge even useful?

It all depends on your world building and how you write background characters.

Askun

Pretty sure there already novel out there explore this kind of story. Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka? is one of those story.

There also other novel that rever reincarnated person as a choosen one. I don't really remember the name, because I don't have high opinion about it.

There also a type where reincarnated person being treated like a demon incarnation. And do a witch hunt on them.

Personally, I like the witch hunt one cause there so much to explore there. But if I ever write a story with this premise, I would probably copy Kumo Desu ga approach. Where reincarnated person is split into two faction, the hero faction and the demon Lord faction.

There also novel with title, I was mistaken as a genius, or something a long that line. I don't remember the title that well. Where some of the characters found out MC is reincarnated but being misunderstood that MC purposely reincarnated to this world for some ultimate plan.

But yeah, I will choose a witch hunt typebof story or split faction one.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
imagine you wrote an isekai novel, your MC is a reincarnated person whose still having memory from earth (a common trope. any kind of world setting is fine).

but then, for some reason. you got found out! there's an irrefutable evidence that you're a reincarnated person and people around you comes to know that, and you have no chance to denied it off anymore.

now, if you're the one who made the story, what would happened to the MC after they got found out to be a reincarnated person.
It’s not really anything interesting to be honest

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Sci-Fi civilization that has specialized sensors for that kind of thing and looks into irregularities immediately. They'd detain me, barrage me with endless questions about where I'm from and what reincarnation bonus abilities I have, then, probably keep an abnormally close eye on me to make sure I'm not doing anything they don't like.

TotallyHuman

First they get disowned if they have a family - because it's more interesting that way. Then some very nice character sticks to them still but they either die or betray mc. Some middle-level govt organisation/some rich guy may try to kidnap and discect the mc. The actually important secret govt and the illuminati with the aliens obviously already know wazzup and t+ey have more important kids - I mean, business, tobattend to. Mc is forced to always be on the run, bringing tragedy and death wherever they go. Then Mc snaps under pressure. Idk, Mc becomes a cultist, renounces the cult, joins some radical organisation and becomes a domestic terrorist, does some things that cause even more pressure and somehow finds a breakthrough to the situation by creating a mess so big nobody has time to look for them, hides.

Tempokai

Overworked One
He gets straight murdered. Then we switch PoV to ANOTHER isekai who was watching from the crowd, but they kept their mouth shut.

That's been done on Surviving the Game as a Barbarian

It's pretty good read, the transmigrators in the novel branded as a evil spirits, and are executed on the spot if are found out

I mean... If there's no one alive they no one will know it right? Because most Mc will have plot armour and a cheat...just go for hiding for some days and grind until you become strong and then even if someone who knows just kill him or ignore because you are stronger right now...

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
First they get disowned if they have a family - because it's more interesting that way.
How is this more interesting? Imagine all the character drama and pathos that could go into a family struggling to accept an otherworler in their midst after he fused with their child/siblings body and soul.
Divide them, make some of the family hate him and consider him as a skin walker, something to be destroyed.
Another part of the family would still want to protect their son, desperately clinging on to whatever is left...
By having him disowned you don't make things more interesting, you just remove opportunities.
If you want him alone in the world then make this a portal fantasy where he just teleports alone in a foreign world.

TotallyHuman

How is this more interesting? Imagine all the character drama and pathos that could go into a family struggling to accept an otherworler in their midst after he fused with their child/siblings body and soul.
Divide them, make some of the family hate him and consider him as a skin walker, something to be destroyed.
Another part of the family would still want to protect their son, desperately clinging on to whatever is left...
By having him disowned you don't make things more interesting, you just remove opportunities.
If you want him alone in the world then make this a portal fantasy where he just teleports alone in a foreign world.
To each their own. I like the idea of pulling the rag under the main character instead of spending a lot of time on bickering and whatnot. Besides, I did mention your route when I proposed a character who'd still stick

Schultz_von

How about making it so no one care? like, reincarnation is a normal thing in this world (make it 3 out of 5 or maybe higher, people is a reincarnate), so no one really cares.

InceTagn

A stranger passing by.

If I have a story like that I will choose setting where the reincarnated are considered like gods in our myths.
Their divine power are just perk of their reincarnation.

In Leveling up the world, they are seen as choosen one.

In Age of adept they are just lucky soul that the world attracted to expend itself.

You can check my novel with this link https://www.scribblehub.com/

ACertainPassingUser

Pretty much depends on the setting and the world around the MC, and how those "possession" is treated.

If it's normal world, people will just think he's insane. If it's cultivator world/wuxia martial art world, the elder will just think he's possessed by demon, but they might think MC is just insane since most of them were lacking in intelligence.

But it doesn't really matter much to those who have been close and accept the MC. Only affects those who knew MC before this transmigration event.

The Mc's secret of otherworld isn't that big of a deal to those characters who lives there compared to us the readers.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
@Ai-chan they did it again. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
did what?
==============================================================================================
oh well, anyway, here's mine for this prompt:

there's an irrefutable fact that there's this one guy who's perceived as child prodigy for their whole life and getting favorable treatment by high status people, is actually a reincarnated person the whole time. what would happen? Chaos.

last time in our world someone died and comes back alive and then telling what's going to happen in the afterlife : religion happen.

and now there's an irrefutable fact that someone could be treated as a genius on their next life, it's more plausible to believed that most people wanted it as well.

so? Suicide happening everywhere because they want to move on into another life that would surely better than what they currently have right now, nobody scared of death anymore because now they know : you can get reincarnated with your memory still intact if you die.

SailusGebel

did what?
Misused a writing prompt.
Ai-chan will just say this now.

What is a discussion?
It's when you take in and consider many other ideas.

What is a prompt?
It is a command.

When you discuss, you request for additional input. Whether it be additional ideas, opinions, or suggestions.

When you give a prompt, you are telling others this something must be done. You do not ask for input, you are asking for something to be done. Ai-chan did not create the concept of 'writing prompt'. This 'writing prompt' concept has been in use for at least decades. It's a common game prompted by authors to other authors in order to increase each other's writing skills.

The novels and mangas Only Sense Online and To Aru Ossan both came out of a writing prompt. The writing prompt was: "Write a story set in a deep dive virtual reality game where players can use skills called Sense to play the game. The main characters must choose trash skills but turns out the trash skills are actually niche skills."

If you do not know what a writing prompt is, ask. Don't assume you know. It's a specific concept. You should not need to ask if it's a good idea of if anyone have any suggestion. That's not what a writing prompt is.

1. Write about the grief of a mother. The mother has two children and one just died. (prompt)
2. A mother just lost her child. What should the author focus on and what else should be included? (discussion)

tldr: A writing prompt is when you give an idea and the rules. That's where the role of you as the initiator stops, except perhaps to enforce the rules. You do not ask for opinion. It's up to the individual authors to run with the idea now.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
Misused a writing prompt.
I mean, I already get used to some people here being braindead and unable to comprehend the difference between writing prompt and idea discussion. I thought it's already the norm at this point?

it's always the same people who made that kind of mistake anyway.

SailusGebel

I mean, I already get used to some people here being braindead and unable to comprehend the difference between writing prompt and idea discussion. I thought it's already the norm at this point?

it's always the same people who made that kind of mistake anyway.
I understand that usually, it's users who reply in the thread, the ones who misuse a writing prompt. But I actually don't care about it as much. The reason why I call Ai-chan every time is because seeing her scolding people is fun.

Le_ther

There is a kr novel about "surviving in a barbarian world" where they call the transmigators as possessed and deemed as heretics