Rising Novel

SalivaSpittingWorm

Hey. I hope I'm in the right category.
I was wondering about a question about what it actually takes for your novel to appear as a Rising or Trending Novel?
Because today, a rather shocking thing happened to me. I get up in the morning, like I always do, and suddenly DUNN DUNN I see that one of my novels has about 1600 views etc and I just... uh? What's going on?

And then I look at the main page like a fool and see that my novel is ranked #2 in Trending.

I was shocked. I was happy. And I was confused. What determines that you suddenly get ranked there?
Thanks for your attention, everyone :)

Everyone that claims to know:

SailusGebel

No one knows it. The criterias to get to trending is hidden by the site owner so that no one will game the system. And even if someone learned how to "game" the system, they won't share it here. On the odd chance of someone deciding to share the method, the site owner will probably change how trending works.

SalivaSpittingWorm

No one knows it. The criterias to get to trending is hidden by the site owner so that no one will game the system. And even if someone learned how to "game" the system, they won't share it here. On the odd chance of someone deciding to share the method, the site owner will probably change how trending works.
Ahhhh. I see. That's smart. Thank you for the reply. I was just wondering. :)
Everyone that claims to know:

I see. XD

SailusGebel

Ahhhh. I see. That's smart. Thank you for the reply. I was just wondering. :)
There are a couple things that kinda improves the chances, but no one actually knows if it's true or not. This one isn't a secret, as many people mention it here on forums. I'm talking about getting spikes in views and activity. So, instead of uploading every day, you, for example, upload once every three day. Does it help? No one is 100% sure. We like to think it works, but, with how many novels actually do it and how little achieve trending, I don't know. My advice, think of trendind as randomly picked novels, and simply continue to write.

SalivaSpittingWorm

There are a couple things that kinda improves the chances, but no one actually knows if it's true or not. This one isn't a secret, as many people mention it here on forums. I'm talking about getting spikes in views and activity. So, instead of uploading every day, you, for example, upload once every three day. Does it help? No one is 100% sure. We like to think it works, but, with how many novels actually do it and how little achieve trending, I don't know. My advice, think of trendind as randomly picked novels, and simply continue to write.
I see. So I'll just take it that I'm doing something right even if I don't know what. XD Actually, I wasn't aiming for anything like that and just wrote at my own tempo, etc.
So that's why I was kind of surprised. Thanks for the explanation.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
And even if someone learned how to "game" the system, they won't share it here.
Here is the method, tried and tested:

Step 1: Choose Your Genre! First things first, select a genre for your novel. To ensure it's trending, mix as many genres as possible! How about a romance-sci-fi-western-cookbook-erotica-thriller? The more, the merrier!

Step 2: Pick a Ridiculously good title! Your title should be catchy and completely unrelated to the story. Think of something like "The Vampire Chef's Guide to Time-Traveling Cowboys in Space."

Step 3: Create Unforgettable Characters! For your protagonist, go with a sentient rubber chicken with an existential crisis. Make your villain a misunderstood toaster that burns everything. And the sidekick? A talking potted plant that dispenses terrible advice.

Step 4: World-Building in Your Bathroom! Why travel to exotic locations when you can set your novel in your bathroom? Explore the enigmatic underbelly of the bathtub drain and discover the hidden civilization of soap scum.

Step 5: Write With All the Punctuation! Use ALL the punctuation marks!!!?!??!?? And don't forget the ones you invent along the way, like the "?!*$%."

Step 6: Plot Twist Extravaganza! Every page should have a plot twist, no matter how implausible. Suddenly, the rubber chicken learns it's a time-traveling vampire, too. The toaster reveals it's the secret ruler of the galaxy. And the potted plant is a secret agent for the CIA.

Step 7: Add Random Animals! Incorporate random animals into your novel, even if it makes no sense. A tap-dancing giraffe, a break-dancing octopus, and a conspiracy theory-believing squirrel will do just fine.

Step 8: Include Ridiculous Dialogue! Fill your book with bizarre conversations. The rubber chicken and the toaster could discuss the philosophical implications of bread browning. The potted plant might offer advice on world domination to the tap-dancing giraffe.

Step 9: Embrace Chaos! Forget about coherence and structure. Let the narrative wander aimlessly like a lost tumbleweed in a hurricane. It's all about the artistic ambiguity!

Step 10: Publish ten chapters per day.

You are now trending.

SailusGebel

Step 1: Choose Your Genre! First things first, select a genre for your novel. To ensure it's trending, mix as many genres as possible! How about a romance-sci-fi-western-cookbook-erotica-thriller? The more, the merrier!

Step 2: Pick a Ridiculously good title! Your title should be catchy and completely unrelated to the story. Think of something like "The Vampire Chef's Guide to Time-Traveling Cowboys in Space."

Step 3: Create Unforgettable Characters! For your protagonist, go with a sentient rubber chicken with an existential crisis. Make your villain a misunderstood toaster that burns everything. And the sidekick? A talking potted plant that dispenses terrible advice.

Step 4: World-Building in Your Bathroom! Why travel to exotic locations when you can set your novel in your bathroom? Explore the enigmatic underbelly of the bathtub drain and discover the hidden civilization of soap scum.

Step 5: Write With All the Punctuation! Use ALL the punctuation marks!!!?!??!?? And don't forget the ones you invent along the way, like the "?!*$%."

Step 6: Plot Twist Extravaganza! Every page should have a plot twist, no matter how implausible. Suddenly, the rubber chicken learns it's a time-traveling vampire, too. The toaster reveals it's the secret ruler of the galaxy. And the potted plant is a secret agent for the CIA.

Step 7: Add Random Animals! Incorporate random animals into your novel, even if it makes no sense. A tap-dancing giraffe, a break-dancing octopus, and a conspiracy theory-believing squirrel will do just fine.

Step 8: Include Ridiculous Dialogue! Fill your book with bizarre conversations. The rubber chicken and the toaster could discuss the philosophical implications of bread browning. The potted plant might offer advice on world domination to the tap-dancing giraffe.

Step 9: Embrace Chaos! Forget about coherence and structure. Let the narrative wander aimlessly like a lost tumbleweed in a hurricane. It's all about the artistic ambiguity!

You are now trending.

SalivaSpittingWorm

You are now trending.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Dude, you're an artist. Thanks for the instructions. I think my soul went outside my body.

SalivaSpittingWorm

I can't take credit for this, sadly, as it was ChatGPT's idea; I just embellished it here and there. :blob_hide: But it turned out funny, so it was a crime not to share it.
Lol you got that right. That would be a shame not to show the world! :blobrofl:

The truest method:
Put rare tags in you novel, and set a strange combination of genres for your novel as well.

Filter releases using those parameters, so only your book is shown.

Congratulations.

You are now the only book in trending, only book on this site, all day everyday, forever.

SalivaSpittingWorm

The truest method:
Put rare tags in you novel, and set a strange combination of genres for your novel as well.

Filter releases using those parameters, so only your book is shown.

Congratulations.

You are now the only book in trending, only book on this site, all day everyday, forever.
Yeah that made sense too. :unsure:
But I was more interested in how I got there than how to get there. I've actually never even considered that possibility, I'm a total beginner writer after all. I haven't even been writing for a year. So I was more interested in what caused it.