Rules on translated stories

Oshey

So there is this book which is a known public domain book written like 500 years ago . I want to translate and publish here what are the rules on that?

Succubiome

So there is this book which is a known public domain book written like 500 years ago . I want to translate and publish here what are the rules on that?
Any translated stuff will generally get de-listed from Scribblehub
but if it's a novel and Asian, I think you can post it to novel updates and link here

Unless either of those change for 500 year old public domain books, which I have no idea

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
but if it's a novel and Asian, I think you can post it to novel updates and link here

Unless either of those change for 500 year old public domain books, which I have no idea
I think NU is more for modern WN, but this is a good question. Can people post translated, super old stories to NU? Like if you translated Miyamoto Musashi's book.

Succubiome

I think NU is more for modern WN, but this is a good question. Can people post translated, super old stories to NU? Like if you translated Miyamoto Musashi's book.
The website just says "Asian Novels" and I can find no elaboration on that whatsoever in terms of years, precise physical location, or anything else, sooooo... yeah, I have no idea what's allowed there in that context.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
The website just says "Asian Novels" and I can find no elaboration on that whatsoever in terms of years, precise physical location, or anything else, sooooo... yeah, I have no idea what's allowed there in that context.
Both sites are run by Tony, so you can always ask him.

Jemini

Yeah, I've seen that before, people using SH as the hosting site with links from NU.

FYI: Novel Updates doesn't host any of the novels that are translated there. It's 100% links. Nothing hosted natively.