Send Updates to Readers Who Don't Follow Author

PunishedKom

I've no idea if this has been brought up before, but I think each series should have a blog thing for the author to post journals on, letting them get notified the same way as if they were a follower of the author.

Here's what I mean, using my own series as an example. I have 900 readers at the time of posting, while only 39 followers of my profile. I have no way to notify the other 861 people who don't follow me if I have something related to the series to announce other than making an announcement chapter and then deleting it later. Yesterday I made massive edits to chapters 1 and 3 and made an update chapter to tell people to reread them.

Status updates on your own profile are so worthless it's not even funny. There should really be a way to notify all of your readers somehow without false chapters. Obviously, the users should be able to toggle if they receive these notifications to prevent people from annoying them if they end up spamming tons of journals or what have you.

Food for thought, hope it gets the noggin going.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That's pretty much why I posted a chapter about my maternity leave. I would have done it as a profile post if I knew readers would get the message.

EternalSunset0

I've no idea if this has been brought up before, but I think each series should have a blog thing for the author to post journals on, letting them get notified the same way as if they were a follower of the author.

Here's what I mean, using my own series as an example. I have 900 readers at the time of posting, while only 39 followers of my profile. I have no way to notify the other 861 people who don't follow me if I have something related to the series to announce other than making an announcement chapter and then deleting it later. Yesterday I made massive edits to chapters 1 and 3 and made an update chapter to tell people to reread them.

Status updates on your own profile are so worthless it's not even funny. There should really be a way to notify all of your readers somehow without false chapters. Obviously, the users should be able to toggle if they receive these notifications to prevent people from annoying them if they end up spamming tons of journals or what have you.

Food for thought, hope it gets the noggin going.
Notifications based on reading list? Reminds me of the system for Wattpad, and I think it would be a great here.