Should i create other accounts to create different type of content?

twotwoka

There's not much beyond what the title says.

I was think on writing non smut stories and maybe some dark ones.

But I'm not sure if it will be well received, and if someone gets mad because one of the stories they dislike i could get review bombed from stories that have no relation to it.

twotwoka

Well, I've seen some authors trying something a bit different and the series getting review bombed.

+ It be weird if some of my romance or story driven viewers go check what else I've made and straight up smut.

SailusGebel

Well, I've seen some authors trying something a bit different and the series getting review bombed.

+ It be weird if some of my romance or story driven viewers go check what else I've made and straight up smut.
If you are afraid, make multiple accounts. If you are not afraid, use one account. Why ask this question?

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
You wouldn't be the first to do it, there are several published authors who use multiple pen names based on genre.
Dean Kootz has 8 or 9 I believe though his was apparently due to writing so many books a year that he didn't want to saturate the market.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
You wouldn't be the first to do it, there are several published authors who use multiple pen names based on genre.
Dean Kootz has 8 or 9 I believe though his was apparently due to writing so many books a year that he didn't want to saturate the market.
Chad.
gigchad.jpg

But I'm not sure if it will be well received, and if someone gets mad because one of the stories they dislike i could get review bombed from stories that have no relation to it.
Bro, if you write heresy, there's a bunch of people here that will follow you. If you write non-heresy, I don't think people will harshly review-bomb you. Well, not right here at least.

Like someone on this site said:

"We threw all the nerds to RR and the chaos to Webnovel. Here, we have average stuff mixed with s*it and giggles."

-
One of the elders of Scribble Hub.

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer
Yes.

oneoneka
threethreeka
fourfourka

The possibilities are endless.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
It be weird if some of my romance or story driven viewers go check what else I've made and straight up smut.
Wouldn't the other way around make way more sense from a statistical POV? You are posting on smuthub, so I'm all for letting those brainless smut-consuming zombies, or smutbies for short, get invested into a non-lewd story before they notice there's no "precious" to be found

Suczka

I'll tell you the secret.
I had dozens of really smutty stories published on different sites.
Than few years ago I purged everything I could.
Some sites have special button for that, others required you to write to administrator.

But than there is a thing that my content, both stories and pictures was reposed without my knowledge on different sites. And I stumbled on it by accident much later. With my original accounts deleted I had no way of proving that I'm the author. So that content lives somewhere in depths of the internet buried under mountains of new content and hopefully will never reach the surface.

(I even reported my own content as "unfitting for the website due to low quality" but it worked only half the times)

So If you feel that you would ever want to write serious non smut stories and are afraid that people might dig out your smutty past and use it as a dirt on you. Make a different pen-name.
As I currently write few stories at once with different levels of smuttines I was thinking about it myself.

As stated in many threads by better users than me. If you use it to sort your work, it's ok.
If you do it to evade bans, or to harass other users, or to give good revives to your main account. Than you might get in trouble.

Do smut readers actually check who the author is?

Back up....do they even read the synopsis?

It may surprise you but people are very selective about their tastes in sexy stuff.
If you find that one good piece that scratches that itch deep in you, you don't want to let it go.
You than check the author expecting him to have more of the same stuff.
And often you are disappointed because either this is authors only work, or that good thing was a one time experiment and all other works of that author are polar opposite.

So yes tags and synopsis are carefully analysed for any potential red flags. No one wants to invest time and emotionally in to reading the story only to get burned.

Despite that authors lie in tags and synopsis. Even on this site I found stories that had normal tags and synopsis only to be introduced to unexpected futa action in chapter 3. And than the story consists ONLY of futa stuff through remaining chapters. :mad_s:

Like someone on this site said:

"We threw all the nerds to RR and the chaos to Webnovel. Here, we have average stuff mixed with s*it and giggles."

-
One of the elders of Scribble Hub.
So where does smut go?
Specifically hard kinky fetishistic smut?

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
So where does smut go?
Specifically hard kinky fetishistic smut?
I want to say they belong to sites that are not RR but...

The three sites' readers when they see a good smut story published on all three sites:

apes.jpg

Suczka

I want to say they belong to sites that are not RR but...

The three sites' readers when they see a good smut story published on all three sites:
You know that there are more than three story sites in the web?
There are even sites that host exclusively smut stories.

The oldest I know and best in my opinion is:
They managed to stay strong and keep the good quality.

I'm going to publish here because what I'm writing right now mght be not smutty enough for that site.