Should I post my novel on webnovel, when I get 10 chapters?

DarklyReadsBooks

SO, I'm a master procrastinator. I will literally do anything OTHER than write. But I do enjoy it. Anyways, I was thinking of, when I reach 10 chapters on my novel if I should post it to webnovel weekly. That's 10 weeks of content. Should I do it? Or is webnovel really as bad as people say it is?

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
SO, I'm a master procrastinator. I will literally do anything OTHER than write. But I do enjoy it. Anyways, I was thinking of, when I reach 10 chapters on my novel if I should post it to webnovel weekly. That's 10 weeks of content. Should I do it? Or is webnovel really as bad as people say it is?
Just don't sign any contacts with them and I think you'll be fine

KrisVFX

God of Creation
I post all of my novels in WebNovel. And I have to say that its not that bad as people say. Your novel is likely to get a lot more views compared to the other sites. As the guy above me mention, don't sign any contracts with the editors and you should be good to know.
Also I forgot to mention, that readers on that page are a lot more supportive.

HappyVainGlory

Well, if you're fine giving up your right to court, agreeing to subjecting yourself to the jurisdiction and laws of the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, and giving a license to your work for Webnovel to have free reign on how they display or distribute your work, yeah, go for it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Webnovel has a very large area of traffic. Post there daily, you can gain a fuckload of views if you a decent writer. If you post one chapter a week, tho, then fuck you. You wont gain much readers. There are other stories that update even daily and you expect your story to do moderately well with with one chapter a week? If you do, you are delusional. You will be going into a very competitive market. Simply be aware of that.

I'm even lazier than than you sometimes, but I understand that if the goal is readers I have to update more frequently.

Personally I wont worry about it. Do what suits you, just dont have unrealistic expectations if you are a lazy cunt.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Do what you want, few people get their contract sign anyways

That's more to do with webnovel being sucky scam tho. Write decently well, update fairly regularly, say even just two or three a week, and you will get an offer eventually. Webnovel is greedy like that.

IDreamNovels

I post my novel on webnovel.
Unless you sign a contract, it's not bad I suppose. But I can't say it's that good either.

First, the view count is inflated. It's actual views × 4.

Second, their algo and the reader base, favours fast and frequent releases.
Every time I add a chap, I get a few collections but I end up losing more than half by the time I publish the second chap.(I update 2/week). So good luck if you update only once a week.

Simo

A lazy sloth
It depends, it’s never too bad to post on a different platform since you’ll gain different Readers. In my case, I post in Royalroad, SH, and Webnovel, with 2890 readers in the first one 980ish in the second and around 1.6k in the third. I get a decent amount of comment in each one and I update 4chapters per week, while I do daily in patreon. With this I managed to gain a decent amount of money and I’m satisfied with it.
So I suppose what i’d like to say is just go for it, you got nothing to lose really, though if you want to strike it big on webnovel best to update daily.

_oinkchan

Wn uses bots for views so they are mostly fake but since readers can paragraph comment etc you can expect more interactions with your readers.

Xeoz

Hmmm. WN does use a bot to attract some writers. But still, you want to post it here because I've seen some novels there that are not written by the so-called "author". Basically, they're plagiarizing them.