Should I Transfer over my Fanfics?

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Big question here mainly applying to fellow fan fiction authors. Should I transfer over my fan fictions into the site? I’m asking mainly because Scribble Hub is an Asian novel orientated site, while my fan fictions that I write are based off of western literature and Japanese anime/ manga at most. Is it worth the transfer and work or not? Mainly since the audience might not meld well enough as well as the effect that it might cause discord through written classifications. I currently use AO3 as my fan fiction platform. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated relating to this topic.

Megamink

I'm not an author, but I don't think it'll be a problem. This place definitely is Asian oriented, but there have been plenty of stories on this site that are western oriented as well as fanfics based off of Anime and manga, so it shouldn't be a problem.

mrsimple

Writer
Shouldn't be an issue, otherwise many of my novels would've had complaints directed at me. :blobrofl:

Just to note: none of my novels are fanfics, but I can't see there being a problem with a more Western approach towards what is written. :blob_okay:

OverlyFriendly

Although ScribbleHub seems asian-oriented, its mainly because a lot of people are coming over from Novel Updates- a directory for Asian Translated Novels- because the site is heavily advertised there courtesy of them having the same owner.
Just because Western oriented novels are more of an outlier, doesn't mean its not for ScribbleHub. So go ahead! :blob_okay:

UnknownSaint171

Big question here mainly applying to fellow fan fiction authors. Should I transfer over my fan fictions into the site? I’m asking mainly because Scribble Hub is an Asian novel orientated site, while my fan fictions that I write are based off of western literature and Japanese anime/ manga at most. Is it worth the transfer and work or not? Mainly since the audience might not meld well enough as well as the effect that it might cause discord through written classifications. I currently use AO3 as my fan fiction platform. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated relating to this topic.
As a person who loves to write Fan-Faction I agree with you, i stopped going to fanfiction.net and other English sites since they aren't there for JP/CN type stuff. I think you should not only upload here but on WN too but there's a risk uploading into WN as bots from pirate sites will most likely put it into their website but WN will get you more visibility when it comes to fan fiction!
I should upload my fanfiction on here too

Kalesterine

This is Asian oriented only because Tony is a mod of NU. I, myself, came over from NU too. I was thinking of transferring my fanfics over here too so go for it :blob_wink:

Nihilaine

:unsure: I’m thinking of adding mine as well since unlike the site hosting my fics, It seems the SH mods would let me accept monetary tips (not sure tho) from my fiction work which is a huge taboo as far as FF.net is concerned.

OneSixSeven

Advocate of Headpatting and Handholding

I think you should. I already did mine.

As a person who loves to write Fan-Faction I agree with you, i stopped going to fanfiction.net and other English sites since they aren't there for JP/CN type stuff.

Feeling's mutual.

Although ScribbleHub seems asian-oriented, its mainly because a lot of people are coming over from Novel Updates- a directory for Asian Translated Novels- because the site is heavily advertised there courtesy of them having the same owner.
Just because Western oriented novels are more of an outlier, doesn't mean its not for ScribbleHub. So go ahead! :blob_okay:

^This.