Show Number of Drafts, Scheduled, and Published Chapters

ThatTwat3000

As shown in the concept.

chapter Stats-2.png

ThatTwat3000

I already do that for a year now without ever needing something like this.
This was my thought process:

A writer drafts a lot of chapters, then schedules when everything should be released on SH. Then, they put their entire story on Patreon/Ko-Fi and repeat the process of scheduling drafts, though these are, of course, ahead of the free publishing.

At this point, the process of publishing the free chapters and maintaining the paid-subscription model has become automated in a way. Of course, I have no doubt authors are already doing this.

If the chapter statistics were there for an at-a-glance view, it would help the author keep maintaining the process easier by providing detailed information quickly... without having to manually go through and count how many chapters you have in total, how many of them are unpublished and how many are scheduled.

If I were to publish 1 chapter a day, and saw that I have 114 scheduled chapters, I would know I was set for 114 days and wouldn't need to worry about writing.

Yes, if I had a standard naming convention for my chapters (Chapter 1, Chapter 2... Chapter 113, Chapter 114, etc.) I would easily be able to figure out those stats.

However, if I had side stories mixed in or an unconventional naming system (Tom Dies, Tom Lives, Side Story, Side Story 2, Tom Fights His Pinky Toe, etc.), it would be difficult to keep track of everything.

I was thinking the feature would be a way to ease authors’ burden when multi-tasking with paid subscriptions.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I don't need it for scheduling, but it *should* be a fairly simple html change to implement, and I've gone to count these numbers manually a few times. It'd save me the small amount of hastle and give people warm fuzzies when they reach certain self-set goals.