Similarity of "Magical Girl Aki's Secret" and "Hagakure Sakura Does Not Lament"

Peekon

I found a translation of a web novel called "Hagakure Sakura Does Not Lament" or "Hagakure sakura wa nagekanai" or "葉隠桜は嘆かない"
When reading it, I found it to be similar to "Magical Girl Aki’s Secret"

SPOILERS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THESE NOVELS
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM, I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO READ THEM
(and even though they may be similar, there are still quite a bit of differences)
{i feel like i butchered my engrish up here}

I don't really remember everything of Magical Girl Aki's Secret, but I think the similarities between these two stories are: Main character is a male boy with average looks; has a beautiful or above average sister, who reads old books; Main character finds himself in a near death situation where he was saved by a black thingy, who/that offers him to live; Main Character accepts cuz he doesnt wanna die; Main Character gets ability to transform into a dark themed Magical Girl; MC has some unique ability to devour and eat the monsters or cursed beings; MC becoming more and more OP each time he eats a monster; MC and His sister living alone in an apartment; parents are not with them or they are dead; MC sacrifices his soul, body and sanity to save others; MC becomes embarrased after seeing his classmates and others like the new 'unique' Magical Girl; MC prefers or fights in a brutal way; MC is surrounded by 'not at all obvious' magical girls (for example classmates); Both MCs have very similar feelings towards their sister (they arent siscons, rather they cant imagine living without or losing their only family member); Both MCs contractor or Magical Helper or whatever is somewhat similar; the overall feel is similar; The world is really dangerous; most Magical Girls are with the goverment;
[there are prob quite a bit more but my brain wants to sleep]
Overall quite similar. If you have read the Akis secret, you will atleast enjoy a little bit of Hagakure Sakura.

Last edited: