Smut Popular?

Is smut popular? Your votes are publicly visible.

• Yes

• No

• Rather not say

Results are only viewable after voting.

scribesaga

It is, but let me give you a little advice. Writing erotica/smut can get boring after a while. I mean theres only so many sex scenes you can write before you have to get even more inventive and depraved. After describing all the lady and man bits for the thousandth time it gets tiresome.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
It is, but let me give you a little advice. Writing erotica/smut can get boring after a while. I mean theres only so many sex scenes you can write before you have to get even more inventive and depraved. After describing all the lady and man bits for the thousandth time it gets tiresome.
Ah, people getting annoyed about sex scenes... is actually not too rare....

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I personally enjoy smut and spice. Writing it, in the right scene, is fun. Not just for sake of it though, that can get boring and mechanical. But why fade to black when your main couple are about to totally get it on?! I really don't get this 'clean' romance genre. What is point. I'm reading ROMANCE and that happens to include the naughty bits.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
wdym by habit, would you say that you have a habit of breathing oxygen?

i'm a kind of person who can't function without eating rice for the day.
I like sticky rice. There is no good sticky rice around here anymore.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Looks like a necromancer showed up here. Anyways, on topic: the saying that sex sells is true, unfortunately. Personally, I dislike smut, though if the story is good, I can stand it being there, but it isn't something I seek out directly. If you want your story to be popular, smut is a good way to practically guarantee such an outcome, regardless of quality. Not something I have any interest in writing, however.

BVarnell89

Not even going into web novels, erotica (smut) makes up more than 65% of the current literature market. It's hugely popular, especially among women. With web novels, I feel like smut is even more popular because people can write all the esoteric/bizzare smutt they can't publish on websites like Amazon because the content is, shall we say, not quite morally acceptable.