Resolved So about the statistics page

killwrites

Need motivation
Hi! Since I'm new here I don't know much, but from what I gather the stats page was recently updated or something to let you see a world map (kinda like wattpad)? It's cool, but a certain country isn't being highlighted by my cursor no matter how many times i hover over it

bug.jpg

I'm very sure it's below malaysia...pls do a small island nation some justice, thanks lol

Tony

Staff member
Hi! Since I'm new here I don't know much, but from what I gather the stats page was recently updated or something to let you see a world map (kinda like wattpad)? It's cool, but a certain country isn't being highlighted by my cursor no matter how many times i hover over it

View attachment 9779

I'm very sure it's below malaysia...pls do a small island nation some justice, thanks lol

Try clicking "View All" located at the bottom right corner. If you don't get any views from Malaysia, it won't show up on the map.

LostLibrarian

Try clicking "View All" located at the bottom right corner. If you don't get any views from Malaysia, it won't show up on the map.
He means that Singapore is missing which should be at the southern end of Malaysia.
Can't confirm it though. No readers from there...

killwrites

Need motivation
What i mean is that when u hover your cursor over a certain country eg usa this will happen
bugg.png

but for singapore it doesn't because it's too tiny
so maybe a zoom-in function can be implemented?

Tony

Staff member
He means that Singapore is missing which should be at the southern end of Malaysia.
Can't confirm it though. No readers from there...

What i mean is that when u hover your cursor over a certain country eg usa this will happen
View attachment 9783
but for singapore it doesn't because it's too tiny
so maybe a zoom-in function can be implemented?

Oops. Sorry, I totally misread that.

I checked my code and it doesn't seem like there was anything wrong so I checked Google and I found this:

The issue here isn't that Singapore is missing, it's that it is too small to show on
the world map. If we were to show it, it would be smaller than a pixel, and so it gets
removed from the world map. You can see that the data is there by setting your region
to '142' (Asia) and increasing the map size. You can see it a lot better when you set
the region to '035' (South-Eastern Asia). We are in the process of figuring out how
to display these small areas on the world map, but so far have not been able to come
up with anything that is good enough.

The maps are actually from Google. It's been years and it seems like they never fixed the issue. There's nothing I can do about it on my side.

killwrites

Need motivation
Oops. Sorry, I totally misread that.

I checked my code and it doesn't seem like there was anything wrong so I checked Google and I found this:

The maps are actually from Google. It's been years and it seems like they never fixed the issue. There's nothing I can do about it on my side.
Ah alright I see, thanks!