So I'm writing a web novel with the use of dice rolls

CipherSage

So a brilliant idea came to me, and it's something that nobody has probably done before. The question is: What if I write a web novel with the use of dice rolls? I did it as an attempt to "gamify" the storytelling experience while not treating it as if I'm doing all the work and it honestly makes it less predictable. Technically speaking, it's an after action report that's based on my solo RPG campaign experiences. So it should be fun, which I most likely did. Hopefully, I won't give up on it.

Enkiari

So a brilliant idea came to me, and it's something that nobody has probably done before. The question is: What if I write a web novel with the use of dice rolls? I did it as an attempt to "gamify" the storytelling experience while not treating it as if I'm doing all the work and it honestly makes it less predictable. Technically speaking, it's an after action report that's based on my solo RPG campaign experiences. So it should be fun, which I most likely did. Hopefully, I won't give up on it.
So something like fiction.live?
There are a bunch of stories there - where the author can let the dice or readers decide the direction the story will take.
The site does have a bunch of smut on it tho, so be careful on what you click, if you decide to check it out.

CipherSage

So something like fiction.live?
There are a bunch of stories there - where the author can let the dice or readers decide the direction the story will take.
The site does have a bunch of smut on it tho, so be careful on what you click, if you decide to check it out.
Oh really? I didn't know that! It sounds so cool! I'll check it out whenever I have the time. Thanks for the information!

Enkiari

Oh really? I didn't know that! It sounds so cool! I'll check it out whenever I have the time. Thanks for the information!
Unless you are into smut and degeneracy, I wouldn't advise writing on the site though.
From what I can tell, the audience there is... Well, the site doesn't really forbid anything as far as I know. Similar to AO3 in many ways.
Maybe it has changed. I haven't paid attention to the site for a couple years now.

CipherSage

Unless you are into smut and degeneracy, I wouldn't advise writing on the site though.
From what I can tell, the audience there is... Well, the site doesn't really forbid anything as far as I know. Similar to AO3 in many ways.
Maybe it has changed. I haven't paid attention to the site for a couple years now.
Ah, I see. I should be very careful then. Well, I just visited the site for a bit and you're not wrong about that.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I've seen at least one here, too.
It was based off dungeons and dragons.

Then the author decided to add girl's love and smut to it, so I won't touch it.

esThr

Trust me... bad idea...
N-No, it's not personal experience or anything

Zagaroth

While I haven't gone that far, I do let dice decide some of my world-building.

"I need this couple to have at least three kids, so that the character can have 2 siblings, but how many do they actually have? roll 2d4+1 for a range of 3-13, and I get seven. Okay, now I flip a coin for the gender of each one."

It leads to strange coincidences that are realistic as randomness, and weird if deliberately made. One of the MCs is in a seven-kids family with only 2 sons, and the royal family has the same numbers.

It works well for that sort of thing.