Some Stories Not Showing Up in Search

RavensDagger

Hello,

A reader on Discord said that they couldn't find some of my stories on Scribblehub anymore. Some showed up when they searched for them, but others don't.
I tested it myself, and they're correct. Fluff, Cinnamon Bun, Stray Cat Strut. None of these show up in the site-search as a result, whereas some of my other stories do.

What's wrong here?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I can't say I know. You'll probably need to wait from a response from @Tony on this one.

The usual answer would be because the story breaks at least one of the https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/ of the website, so they ended up going hidden... This can happen to Translations and to Poems for one.

This doesn't seem to be the case for your story, so I'm a bit unsure on why this happened... Perhaps it is because of your weird numbering method of putting an epilogue on the story and then adding a prologue and continuing to write the story after its end on the same entry, but with the numbering getting restarted? It might be seem as a spam attempt or something... I dunno, I'm just theorycrafting here.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Can verify the search feature is not working
Screenshot 2022-05-31 07.25.56.png

RavensDagger

I can't say I know. You'll probably need to wait from a response from @Tony on this one.

The usual answer would be because the story breaks at least one of the https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/ of the website, so they ended up going hidden... This can happen to Translations and to Poems for one.

This doesn't seem to be the case for your story, so I'm a bit unsure on why this happened... Perhaps it is because of your weird numbering method of putting an epilogue on the story and then adding a prologue and continuing to write the story after its end on the same entry, but with the numbering getting restarted? It might be seem as a spam attempt or something... I dunno, I'm just theorycrafting here.

That... might be it? I kind of doubt it though? Mostly the epilogue-prologue marks the end of a volume (I upload completed volumes to Amazon once they're edited).

I realise that at some point I changed the names of some of my stories. Stray Cat Strut had a much longer name at one point, but I trimmed it down. Could that be it?

Tony

Staff member
That... might be it? I kind of doubt it though? Mostly the epilogue-prologue marks the end of a volume (I upload completed volumes to Amazon once they're edited).

I realise that at some point I changed the names of some of my stories. Stray Cat Strut had a much longer name at one point, but I trimmed it down. Could that be it?

It was just bugged but it's fixed.