Stopping to preserve

Kigol

In the story im reading all of my favorite character are dieing or their death flags are rising, because of that ive stopped reading to keep them alive in my mind, i dont want to see them die. Have you ever done this?

LilRora

Mostly formless
I don't think I ever did it, but an unfinished story certainly has its appeal. I often wish I haven't read a story till the end, and I personally hate closed endings in any kind of stories. Maybe because I enjoy imagining what might happen to the characters afterwards.

Maldon

I remember doing something similar when I watched K on for the fist time way back then, where I didn't want to watch the ending of the show because I didn't want it to end.

I should watch it again one of these days...

Greyman

I did the same thing when reading Worm.(still finished it to the end after 1month of ghosting the book tho but that's a detail)

LilRora

Mostly formless
I don't think I ever did it, but an unfinished story certainly has its appeal. I often wish I haven't read a story till the end, and I personally hate closed endings in any kind of stories. Maybe because I enjoy imagining what might happen to the characters afterwards.
Thinking about it now, I did it once when I was watching Angels of Death. Also, I haven't watched personally, but the memes say you should stop before watching the last episode of Plastic Memories.

Last edited:

idontknowwhoiam

I've felt the same towards my favorite novel/manga. I still haven't read the last chapter of my favorite manga, because I don't want it to ever end. In my mind, it still hasn't ended. And probably never will.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I remember doing something similar when I watched K on for the fist time way back then, where I didn't want to watch the ending of the show because I didn't want it to end.

I should watch it again one of these days...
To this day I still have no fucking idea what K was about.
Like, I get the obvious plot, but is there supposed to be something more? Because it just feels random to me. Well, nothing new for anime.

Maldon

To this day I still have no fucking idea what K was about.
Like, I get the obvious plot, but is there supposed to be something more? Because it just feels random to me. Well, nothing new for anime.
It was a slice of life show after all, so the point was really just to watch the characters hang out.

LostLibrarian

Akame ga kill. Watched the final episode an eternity after it came out just to stop it. Not even really because I wanted to keep them alive (though I would have liked it more) or it was horrible but it just felt so completely off the mark. Like a cheap development for last-minute attention.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
It was a slice of life show after all, so the point was really just to watch the characters hang out.
you hwat?
Akame ga kill. Watched the final episode an eternity after it came out just to stop it. Not even really because I wanted to keep them alive (though I would have liked it more) or it was horrible but it just felt so completely off the mark. Like a cheap development for last-minute attention.
When I later learned about how hilarious the difference in endings was, i had to go and read the ending of the manga even tho I only watched the anime ages ago.