Stories with Default Cover

SailusGebel

I spent an hour and a half with the right but like 40 minutes with the left
looking now, it looks like shit

that doesnt answer my question. I want YOUR opinion
To be fair, I'm non-representative. The most recent cover that made me instaclick on it was manga Babylon. I didn't even look at the tags or synopsis.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
help me envy.
which one makes you want to click it the most??
Left is good, just need the title on it. And on SH it will surely appeal the readers here.

RinDes

I'm talking to everyone
I did notice the point you brought up, and it seems to be an issue encountered on all sites like this one. It's a common thing on Wattpad, and even worse with its banner feature for each chapter, which a lot of users seem to be misusing in term of proper dimensions.

Chrono157

The first thing I look at is the cover of the book because naturally by eyes are attracted by the biggest thing on my screen, then my eyes move to the title, and finally the synopsis. If any of the three appeal to me, then I'll click the story and check it out. I agree that there are plenty of good stories that use the default cover.

J_Chemist

I judge books by their synopsis and a random set of five pages in the middle of it. If online, I judge books by their synopsis and first two chapters, if I make it that far.

The cover is secondary to my decision making as to whether I'll read it, but an alluring cover will catch my eye which will then lead me to poking at the book.

C_A_D_M_U_S

Book cover is the first thing I see so it's definitely an important factor in making me curious about the story, especially if the art is good and the placement of texts is 🤌✨ If I like the cover and the title seems interesting, then I'll check the genres and read the synopsis. But usually, the synopsis is the deciding factor for me whether I'll give the book a chance or not :blob_sweat: Sometimes though, I do check the books with default covers. There's this one book that has a default cover but I ended up really liking the story.