Stories with missing chapters.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Don’t see it all too often, but occasionally I’ll find a story on SH that has missing chapters. Either it will start on chapter 30 something, or it will jump from like chapter 7 to 50. Usually it’s because the author got a deal with kindle or some other entity, but doesn’t change the fact it pisses me off.

Do you think people should be allowed to list stories on the site with missing chapters? Have you done this to any of your stories?

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Don’t see it all too often, but occasionally I’ll find a story on SH that has missing chapters. Either it will start on chapter 30 something, or it will jump from like chapter 7 to 50. Usually it’s because the author got a deal with kindle or some other entity, but doesn’t change the fact it pisses me off.

Do you think people should be allowed to list stories on the site with missing chapters? Have you done this to any of your stories?
It's when they stub the story because they got an Amazon or another contract later. It is annoying but also understandable.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Sounds like a dealbreaker to me. While it's understandable they have another place where it is available, it sort of breaks SH instead…

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
It's when they stub the story because they got an Amazon or another contract later. It is annoying but also understandable.
I thought there were rules against posting just stubs on SH. To my understanding, it's against the rules to only post a "free sample", but it's fine to post a rotating/sliding free section. that is to say, I currently have 4 paid chapters and the rest are free. each week, two become free, and I add another 2-4 paid.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I thought there were rules against posting just stubs on SH. To my understanding, it's against the rules to only post a "free sample", but it's fine to post a rotating/sliding free section. that is to say, I currently have 4 paid chapters and the rest are free. each week, two become free, and I add another 2-4 paid.
It's not against the rules if you got a contract. The rules have that stipulation.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
Nobody living past the year 2015 should be forced to read anything on kindle. I’d rather spit shine Bezos’ bald head than read on kindle
I'd rather spit on bozo's bald head in the first place

Related to the actual topic whenever I notice missing chapters I generally drop the story because I enjoy rereading and normally the upload to amazon has already happened so what would be the point in starting

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Dislike stubbing. Wish there was a Stubbed tab like on RR so I could filter by it. Will never do it. If I ever sell a story, I will not upload that one on SH, even as a 'preview'. Nor will I take down a SH story just to sell its mutilated carcass.

That is all. Have a nice day.