[Story Concept] Legend of the Parasite King (Prologue: Enough Meat to build a Bicycle!)

What's your intreset in reading more? (1 = "not at all" , 5 = "write more or i'll burn your house")

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Osamaru

This is the Prologue to a new story I'm working on, Mostly to try and break my Writers block! If the reception here is good, I might go ahead and post it on Scribble hub to continue. Tell me what you think and what you might suggest from here. The story is intended to be a RPGLite Horror/Apocalypse style story. There are some game elements here, but they are more intended to be support to the story, rather than the focus itself.

Synopsis: "What are you willing to do to survive? What are you willing to Become?

Jonah never really gave much thought to these kinds of things. He was just your average everyday young man, doing what he can to make it in the world. Unfortunately for Him, the world he knows is about to end. And he's the First Victim.

When Earth gets pulled into an intergalactic game show, hosted and ran for the entertainment of a Sadistic, super-advanced Alien race, all sorts of "Monsters" begin to spawn on Earth.

By a twist of fate, when a Gargantuan Snake spawns in the middle of his room and swallows him whole, Jonah becomes the first casualty of this sick game.

But Fate is not done with Jonah yet. For what fun is a Game without a fighting Chance? The question is, however, what price will he be willing to pay? "

Prologue: Enough Meat to build a Bicycle!

Jonah poked the small fire with half dissolved sword he’d taken from the corpse of his latest “guest”. The poor “Knight” looking man had come down with the rubble of the small concrete building they both now rested on, as it floated in the lake of bubbling stomach acid. It had been the man’s screams that lead Jonah to find him. For as fancy as his armor looked, it had done little to protect him once he hit the acid. By the time Jonah got to him, he was already too far gone, the light in his eyes already fading. Jonah could only sigh and drag the poor man out of the acid and onto the slowly dissolving platform.

A quick search of the man’s body didn’t turn up much. Some melted armor that wouldn’t last much longer, the broken, twisted lump that used to be a sword. A few other unidentifiable scraps of fabric he assumed were the “Knights” clothes. The biggest harvest though had to be the blood-red bag the man had carried tied to what was left of his waist. A bag identical to the one he had strapped to his wrist. Between being crushed by muscle and rubble or dissolved in acid, not much survived down here. But these strange bags always did.

He didn’t know what they were called or what they were made of, but as far as he could tell, they were indestructible. Which was a shame, because cloth was scarce in the (literal) Belly of the Beast, and he would really like a new pair of pants (His own had dissolved years ago). But these Bags were special in ways other than just their durability; just like the “storage bags” in the novels he used to enjoy, these blood-red bags were FAR bigger on the inside. Most of the Bag he had found so far had been filled with supplies, from Armor and weapons to parts of animals he could not identify, and even supplies like Food and camping equipment. All presumably the former belongings of his gracious “host’s” victims.

But for Jonah, they were a Lifeline; the sole source of supplies and essentials in his meaty, oozing prison. At first, he’d been hesitant to scavenge from the dead like this. But in the end, his own life had been worth more. Besides, if he didn’t use them it’s not like anyone else would. After rummaging through the Knight’s storage bag, he’d found a few basic camping supplies and dry wood, finally.

The fire was a rare luxury in this place; even if you managed to find wood that wasn’t soaked in bile or half dissolved by acid, the buildup of gasses in this place could be quite….explosive. He’d lost his eyebrows more than once, learning THAT lesson. Even still, it was worth the risk for Jonah. It didn’t take very long to get sick of the half-digested, raw monster meat that found its way down here. Or in those more desperate times, the meat right off the walls of his prison. And he’d been here five years already if his count was right….

“…. Ha… Five years… can you believe it?” Jonah asked the eternally silent Knight beside him, stoking the flames once more with the sword.

“When I first got here, there was barely any room to move ya know? I thought I was a goner. Or at least might end up as snake crap. But here I am. Still stuck in this place, talking to a dead man while butt naked in the belly of a giant snake monster. Good thing I’ve not gone Insane yet? Right?! Or they might lock me up once I get out of here! HAHAHAHAHHAH!”

Jonah looked over at his company with a grin, though it slowly slid from his face in the ensuing silence. He turned his eyes back towards the small fire, his cloudy grey eyes barely reflecting its dim light as he spoke up in a low voice.

“Bah… everyone’s a critic…. You know, I wish I knew what was going on out there… I’ve been here so long, but I still barely have any idea what’s happening. Bits and pieces from the stronger ones who manage to make it down here with a little bit of life left in them, but never the full story, never enough time. Sometimes, I wonder if I’m better off in here, away from all of that Chaos and death. Other times I wish I could be out there doing my part….or something, ANYTHING other than just being in…. HERE”

The dim light of the fire flashed off the sword as Jonah stood and hurled it with all of his might towards the far “wall”. It cut through the air with a low hum….before bouncing harmlessly off the meaty surface and sinking into the bubbling acid below. Jonah stared for a moment, before rushing forward and into the acidic lake below.

“S***, S***, S*** Wait! I still need that! “

The pool bubbled and hissed as Johan made contact, but otherwise, he appeared to be unscathed. He quickly made his way towards the last known location of the broken blade and began searching, eyes wide in panic and scraggly hair soaked in bile. After a long moment, Jonah’s eyes lit up in victory as he raised the blade out of the boiling acid and over his head. Though his joy soon turned to dismay, as he realized the already warped and melting blade had been further reduced; not even half the length before his… outburst remained. He gave a heavy sigh before making his way back to the small floating debris island, careful not to let his price suffer any further damage.

He arrived back at the “island” and with a few shakes of the crumbling sword, stirred the flames once more before reaching into the Knight’s storage bag and removed a few fresh vegetables. He cradled the veggies as if they were the most precious thing in the world (and in a prison made of Meat, they were), then one by one, slipped them onto the now thin sword and slowly roasted them over the fire. An unknown time later, Jonah let out a satisfied grunt as he finished his first real meal in weeks, and laid down to warm himself next to the dying embers of the fire.

He sat there in silence, looking up at the pulsing, oozing ceiling that had been his “Sky” for years now. After a while, he turned and spoke to the still very much dead Knight, beside him. “

“I bet you’re wondering how I got here. Trapped like this… Funny story... Well, not so much ‘funny’ as it is horrifying and nightmare-inducing, but hey, a story is a story. It all began with ‘The Game’. But I guess you don’t need me to tell you about THAT, do you?.....”

Nixil

It's hard to write a character that has a mental illness, but if you pull it off and have a suitable setting to make it shine it would probably be an interesting story to read.