Such a big gap in the leaderboards!

Mwpensword

As my story "Reborn as a Slave" tops 15k views I'm in awe of how much my story is being enjoyed by others. Really thank you guys for reading.

The people ahead of me in the leaderboard all have over 25k views and some 100k+ views. Do I dare to dream of the top? One day maybe...

How has everyone else fared in views on their first couple of stories? RaaS is my first OELN so I'm super stoked! Ive even got a couple of sponsors including one extremely generous one.

LazyPanda

Congrats, I wish you good fortune on your way to the peak if you ever wish to try.

@ConTroll - Yea I feel you there. But that is also a driving force (for me at least) to write more and see improvements. Also I suck at grammar and writing long chapters :blob_sweat:

Mwpensword

Something that helps with grammar is just typing it up in a word processor and hitting the spelling and grammar check. I am sorry to hear that you have not had the same level of success but try to understand that for the first month I was posting a grueling chapter a day. Now I am doing the same but spread across three stories. Its hard work trying to climb the leaderboards.

Mwpensword

Well, congratulations...

...but I can't help but get salty over posts like these.
I am going to add your series to my reading list and give it a going over later. It is seriously pretty long for only 24 chapters. Unfortunately I think this may be your issue. Instead of giving more frequent smaller chapters you opted for less frequent but longer chapters. I could be wrong however, this is just a guess based on the numbers, I haven't read any of it yet.

D

Deleted member 29316

Ah...long chapters vs. short ones. Well, I guess many do prefer shorter chapters. In any case, I'll just continue writing as long as it doesn't go over my 6k limit; I don't put in random stuff in my stories. For the audience to read it or not is up to them.

Anyway, congratulations!

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
I am going to add your series to my reading list and give it a going over later. It is seriously pretty long for only 24 chapters. Unfortunately I think this may be your issue. Instead of giving more frequent smaller chapters you opted for less frequent but longer chapters. I could be wrong however, this is just a guess based on the numbers, I haven't read any of it yet.

Yea, I am aware of some pitfalls involved with my story. Most of which can be fixed as I grow as an author (release cycle, title cover, synopsis, etc.)

It also doesn't help that my story isn't the typical wish fullfillment isekai / transmigration story, which would turn away most.

Anyway, didn't mean to veer your achievement off-topic. I appreciate your willingness to give my story a look-over.

vanta_luxe

I guess you could say you're on your way to the....unrivaled peak

*ba dum psst*
:s_wink: Sorry I love corny jokes and puns.

Congrats though, that's amazing.

Mwpensword

Yea, I am aware of some pitfalls involved with my story. Most of which can be fixed as I grow as an author (release cycle, title cover, synopsis, etc.)

It also doesn't help that my story isn't the typical wish fullfillment isekai / transmigration story, which would turn away most.

Anyway, didn't mean to veer your achievement off-topic. I appreciate your willingness to give my story a look-over.
My story is an isekai but also has a dark bent. People didnt dig it at first and then started eating it up. Lol I'll try to provide a little feedback in the comments when I read it. Ive only got like 20 chapters left of the one I'm on so I should be getting to it soon.

Monk_Origins

Now, this is an interesting question. I am a beginner author, and have started to write the very same day as you. We have same amount of words, likes and (almost) same amount of readers and ratings. Yet you have 10 more chapters and 30% more page and chapter views. I have no idea how to analyze it, but let me muddle the data a bit by introducing one of my favorite novels on the platform, I Own A Brothel In Another World. He posts slower, but has bigger chapters. We have him beat in almost every category except reader. Yet, in my humble opinion, his work is superior to both your and my stories.
TLDR: I have no idea what means what and hope someone experienced can make some sense of it. :)

PS: The comment got out of hand. I don't think this has much to do with what you asked...

Mwpensword

Close enough for government work lol.
Now, this is an interesting question. I am a beginner author, and have started to write the very same day as you. We have same amount of words, likes and (almost) same amount of readers and ratings. Yet you have 10 more chapters and 30% more page and chapter views. I have no idea how to analyze it, but let me muddle the data a bit by introducing one of my favorite novels on the platform, I Own A Brothel In Another World. He posts slower, but has bigger chapters. We have him beat in almost every category except reader. Yet, in my humble opinion, his work is superior to both your and my stories.
TLDR: I have no idea what means what and hope someone experienced can make some sense of it. :)

PS: The comment got out of hand. I don't think this has much to do with what you asked...
Close enough for government work lol. It is entirely possible that his work is superior and we just have a more avid fanbase? Also perhaps the originality of the story content plays a part? How far into mine did you read?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
@Monk_Origins I did not expect my story to be mentioned here and especially not with such kind words attached to it :blob_hide: I'm really flattered. Glad to see you enjoy it.

And well, my views and faves were much lower just last week. It only jumped a lot due to double release and an additional afterword, which kinda resulted in a triple one. My stats graphs literally exploded in the last 3 days. Mentioning this, I know it will stabilize down now since there won't be a double release for at least 1-2 weeks. Ah, and as for the readers, consider my title. It really attracts attention, although it wasn't my goal when choosing it. When I start publishing my 2nd work with more "normal" title, book-like I'd say, I can guarantee you it won't get as much traction as BIAW.

Now then, I wouldn't say my work is superior, but thanks for the compliment. I haven't yet checked your works but will add them to my bookmarks. Mine is very slow and without too much action, and there are only a few chapters thus it results in way fewer favorites. People like to favorite fights and action mostly.

So yeah, if not for the "baity" title, you would have easily had me beat in every category :blob_nom:

Anyway, I write because I really enjoy making up stories. Seeing that many people actually following it and even enjoying is pure bliss. I started this to have fun and I had a blast so far. Never lose the sight of why you are doing this. As long as you enjoy writing, everything else will come with time.

Mwpensword

16.3k views now, 12k of which are chapter views with an average of 375 views per chapter. 😍 grow my baby grow!

Solstice1309

16.3k views now, 12k of which are chapter views with an average of 375 views per chapter. 😍 grow my baby grow!

I really feel salty given that I also started my first novel in late July. But credits are due where they are due.
I’m a reader of your novel and it’s a great read!

Kaguro

These are the aspects that determine whether a story gets popular here.

1. Title
2. Genres/Tags
3. Synopsis
4. Cover Art
5. Actual Content

Ranked in that order for importance.

Necariin

Hell yeah! Keep up the writing, post consistently and you'll get there.