Take that, depression!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Let us all share hilarious moments where we were like "Take that depression!"

I'll go first! :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: I found a video game called Rain World, and I had found my reason to live! HAHAAA! I got to be a slugcat, and frantically escape floods by finding hiding places and getting enough food so I didn't starve while hibernating, and creepy worms disguised as polls. Fly on blue flies and escape getting chomped by lizards! My sole reason to live for the next month! Gave me energy! Life!
Take that depression! Some smartly-done pieces of code are stronger than you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blob_party::blob_popcorn::blob_popcorn::blob_popcorn::blob_catflip::blob_hug::blob_teehee:

SailusGebel

Rain World was too hard for me

Last edited:

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
Watching Gintama. It still holds a special place in my heart, as it helped me through some of my lowest points.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Depression can come from many things, but I personally find it comes most from the feeling of insecurity.

TheMonotonePuppet

Depression can come from many things, but I personally find it comes most from the feeling of insecurity.
... Gee. So insightful. Really. Bravo. That is not to say you are incorrect.
No. You are certainly not that, but could you not phrase it in a less insensitive manner? There are so many synonyms for insecurity that are both less insensitive and more apt that you could boil the majority of depression down to, after all.
And again, I will go on to say that your statement is partially true for myself. Some of it comes from a deep-rooted self-hatred of myself, my personality, and my body. All of them are insecurities, though borne of a million reasons: mommy issues, body dysmorphia, pathological issues with energy levels, etc. Insecurities work as a word. Why, I will even go onto to say that insecurity is an important facet of depression...
But I won't deny you have also deeply pissed me the FUCK off.

Perhaps if you had covered it more thoroughly, with a few addendums to cover your starsdamned fuckin' ass so there is less possible ways to misconstrue your pithy sentence... or maybe if you covered it more delicately; added a couple of elaborations... maybe this sentence would have been fine.

As it is now, in isolation, in response to my post, I am incredibly insulted.
Why?
Because it sounds like insecurity is the core element of everyone's depression, and more specifically, as a personal view of my depression. You may not have intended it as such... but, Anon, the level of reductionism is obscene, and what you chose to simplify to... *head shakes in frantic annoyance*
My depression stems from a nausea-inducing hatred of my body. It is both an insecurity, and much, MUCH MORE than that. Insecurities come with a connotation of "minuteness", of "so unimportant it's a joke", and of "senseless".
But that's not all it is. My depression also stems from the pain of being threatened multiple times to be forced out of the house at 16 and older; from the all-consuming paranoia of my mother, constantly stressing over multiple years about how every fault of mine will lead to a life-ending crisis; from the persistent mental disintegration as my view of my personality and who I am as a person because they can't FUCKING leave anything that brings me joy alone; from crippling, sourceless fatigue only solvable by stimulants.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
... Gee. So insightful. Really. Bravo. That is not to say you are incorrect.
No. You are certainly not that, but could you not phrase it in a less insensitive manner? There are so many synonyms for insecurity that are both less insensitive and more apt that you could boil the majority of depression down to, after all.
And again, I will go on to say that your statement is partially true for myself. Some of it comes from a deep-rooted self-hatred of myself, my personality, and my body. All of them are insecurities, though borne of a million reasons: mommy issues, body dysmorphia, pathological issues with energy levels, etc. Insecurities work as a word. Why, I will even go onto to say that insecurity is an important facet of depression...
But I won't deny you have also deeply pissed me the FUCK off.

Perhaps if you had covered it more thoroughly, with a few addendums to cover your starsdamned fuckin' ass so there is less possible ways to misconstrue your pithy sentence... or maybe if you covered it more delicately; added a couple of elaborations... maybe this sentence would have been fine.

As it is now, in isolation, in response to my post, I am incredibly insulted.
Why?
Because it sounds like insecurity is the core element of everyone's depression, and more specifically, as a personal view of my depression. You may not have intended it as such... but, Anon, the level of reductionism is obscene, and what you chose to simplify to... *head shakes in frantic annoyance*
My depression stems from a nausea-inducing hatred of my body. It is both an insecurity, and much, MUCH MORE than that. Insecurities come with a connotation of "minuteness", of "so unimportant it's a joke", and of "senseless".
But that's not all it is. My depression also stems from the pain of being threatened multiple times to be forced out of the house at 16 and older; from the all-consuming paranoia of my mother, constantly stressing over multiple years about how every fault of mine will lead to a life-ending crisis; from the persistent mental disintegration as my view of my personality and who I am as a person because they can't FUCKING leave anything that brings me joy alone; from crippling, sourceless fatigue only solvable by stimulants.
That's the problem. We're insecure about insecurity.
Reductionism was my way of dealing with it.

Insecurity often comes from making a big longwinded deal about something small which turns it into somethign big... and then you suddenly have this mountain of fear about the self. Reducing it into a sentence compacts into a smaller step to walk over.

TheMonotonePuppet

That's the problem. We're insecure about insecurity.
Reductionism was my way of dealing with it.

Insecurity often comes from making a big longwinded deal about something small which turns it into somethign big... and then you suddenly have this mountain of fear about the self. Reducing it into a sentence compacts into a smaller step to walk over.
You don't realize just how badly you walked into that. Reductionism is a poor method of dealing with others' mental illnesses. Especially when you are impersonal with them.

I am blocking you. I understand that this will not impact you on a personal level, nor is it meant to. This is, after all, not meant to be a punishment, nor some symbolism to convey about how distasteful your two comments were. I am merely giving you a heads-up, so you are not surprised. I am blocking you because your statements have invoked such visceral, personal hatred, crossing one of my very few lines, that I can no longer stand to interact with you for the time being.

As always though, and I do mean this genuinely, I hope you are having a great day now and forever after! Especially regardless of me blocking you! And again (because right now, despite me putting that this is genuine, it still does not seem genuine over text), really do hope you have a blast in life!!!😄♥️♥️♥️
I also drove a different truck
@georgelee5786 WHOO! New trucks!!